Raytheon Technologies Principal Cyber Engineer-Aurora, Colorado in Aurora, Colorado
Join us! Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) builds world class satellite ground systems and counters national security threats through cyber solutions. Together, we will support critical missions, develop solutions and shape products of the future. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfHlc8GCzoU&feature=youtu.be
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS) is looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to join the team in Information Assurance supporting the development/maintenance of custom solutions and Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities. This position is located in Aurora, Colorado.
Key responsibilities include:
• Support the planning, scheduling, and executing Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities
• Ensure security compliance and vulnerability scanning/remediation across multiple platforms and networks
• Prepare, support and/or lead Security Test & Evaluation activities for program sell-off of security related requirements
• Apply knowledge of current IA policies as a contributor to the architecture and design of secure solutions to customer needs and requirements
• Perform hands-on technical implementation of security solutions comprised of COTS & FOSS as well as custom-developed products
• Prepare, write, and present trade studies, cost benefit analyses, reports and briefings as required
Clearance Requirement: An active and in-scope Secret US security clearance
• Bachelors degree and demonstrated experience in cyber security to include practices/methodologies, associated technologies, application design, and/or experience in an operational environment including NIST &/or ICD 503 guidelines, directives and security mandates
• Experience with cyber security engineering projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients.
• Experience with Nessus scanner, manual hardening verification and maintaining technical oversight
• Experience with selecting and implementing RMF controls and performing continuous monitoring.
• Experience developing accreditation documentation and leading efforts to drive supporting activities to closure.
• Experience with DoD-8570 (IAT-II)
• Strong RMF Accreditation experience
• STIG Hardening and Compliance experience
• Experience planning, scheduling, and executing Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities, including the development of System Security Plans (SSP) and other supporting documentation (SP800-57, ICD503 preferred)
• Must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing your time and supporting technical projects in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal levels of supervision and feedback
• Ability to work in a team environment and work collaboratively across traditional engineering disciplines while leading the efforts of others
• Excellent written & oral communication skills, including presentation skills, reporting, and coordination with stakeholders
• Security Certification in accordance to DoD 8570.01 IAT-II or higher (e.g. Security+ CE, SSCP, etc.; CISSP is preferable)
• An active and in-scope Secret security clearance
• Experience in systems engineering, life-cycle management, & engineering change proposal processes
• Hands-on technical experience as an individual contributor with documentation skills and experience in some of the following areas:
◦ Linux system administration
◦ Windows system administration
◦ Network component administration
◦ VMware administration
◦ Operating system hardening
• CHEF knowledge
• Experience with Java and C++
• COTS and FOSS patch management/deployment experience
• Experience with highly ‘matrixed’ organizations
• Ability to establish tasks and objectives with Lead Engineers and ensure the entire team understands and can work towards the vision and objectives
• Previous experience in Verification, Validation and Accreditation
• Experience in proactively analyzing and resolving problems relating to operational considerations, engineering drawings and associated hardware in relation to repair activities
Education and Experience Requirements: B.S. degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline with a minimum of eight years of related experience or a M.S. degree in a STEM discipline with a minimum of six years of related experience.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $98,700 to $187,500; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.