Northrop Grumman Principal Engineer Software in Aurora, Colorado
Building, maintaining, and utilizing an end-to-end solution in the area of automated build, deployment, and monitoring.
Will require ability code and configure tools, assemble and integrate technology across disparate platforms.
Knowledge of configuration and use of Binary Repository tools like Nexus or Artifactory
Create and control large scale software baselines for operational deployment
Use of Linux/Unix administration and modern popular scripting tools and enterprise level languages
Establish continuous integration (CI) pipeline for automated deployment of mission critical platforms. -
Create, maintain, and utilize scripts and templates to build development systems.
Build, maintain, and utilize tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations.
Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, testing, and production environments
Some travel may be required. This position is a direct report to the CDA Manager.
• B.S. degree with 5 years relevant experience; 3 years with Master; or PhD, or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree .
Must possess an active Top Secret clearance. SCI Poly eligible.
• Experience developing code in at least one high-level programming language or scripting language
• Experience in use of full software development life cycle using source control, (clearcase, bitbucket, GIT, etc.)
• Basic understanding of Agile principals
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Background utilizing Linux/Unix systems in software environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to identify system design and operational vulnerabilities, and make recommendations to address deficient areas
- Knowledge of configuration and use of Binary Repository tools like Nexus or Artifactory
• Experience with SIGINT processing systems
• Demonstrated project execution skills with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• General knowledge of Puppet, Ansible, Groovy, PERL, and Python Scripting
• Experience as being responsible for building, maintaining, and using solutions in automated build, development, and monitoring
• Experience with assemble and integrate technology across disparate platforms in an always-up, always-available mission critical service
• Linux/Unix administration experience
• Establish continuous integration (CI) pipeline for automated deployment of mission critical cloud platform
• Create configure and control:
Large scale software baselines
Scripts and templates to build cloud-based development systems
Tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
• Experience with the configuration and administration of DevOps servers (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Jenkins, Nexus, Sonarqube)
• Experience with application performance analysis and monitoring
• Knowledge of or experience in coordinating real-time-results from multiple contributors in system model
Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow for employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of of benefits including healthcare insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Salary Range: $96,600-144,900
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering