Northrop Grumman Senior Principal Engineer Software in Aurora, Colorado
Software Engineer responsible for :
• Building, maintaining, and utilizing an end-to-end solution in the area of automated build, deployment, and monitoring.
Will require ability code and configure tools, assemble and integrate technology across disparate platforms.
Experience with configuration and use of Binary Repository tools like Nexus or Artifactory
Create and control large scale software baselines for operational deployment
Use of Linux/Unix administration and modern popular scripting tools and enterprise level languages
*Administration of pipeline tools, Jenkins, Bitbucket and Nexus.
Establish continuous integration (CI) pipeline for automated deployment of mission critical platforms.
Build, maintain, and utilize tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations.
Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, testing, and production environments
Some travel may be required. This position is a direct report to the CDA Manager.
•B.S. degree with 9 years relevant experience: Masters and 7 years; or PhD and 4 years, or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree.
Must possess an active Top Secret clearance. SCI Poly eligible.
•Ability to identify system design and operational vulnerabilities, and make recommendations to address deficient areas
• Experience in Linux/Unix environments
• Experience with SIGINT processing systems
• Experience with virtualization, messaging techniques and associated software technology
• Demonstrated project execution skills with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Strong planning and organization skills, yet able to quickly adjust to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to work effectively with others
• Current Security+ certification or must be able to get certified within 6 months
•Knowledge of agile software/system development
• Experience with VMWare and VOrchestrator
• Architecture Services and ActiveMq
• Experience with external interfaces
• Experience with shell and/or python scripting and/or software development
• Experience with large system integration
• Quick learner and self-starter
• Experience with ICD 503
• Experience on New Moon or legacy programs is a plus
• Experience delivering operational mission systems
• Experience with on-site deployments
• Experience with Jira, Bitbucket, and Confluence
Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow for employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of of benefits including healthcare insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Salary Range: $119,784-$179,676
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering