Lockheed Martin System Integration Engineer in Aurora, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We are seeking a talented System Integration Engineer for our growing team. In this role you will have the opportunity to:
• Complete short and long term integration planning and execution of multiple concurrent baselines. This includes integrating subsystem functionality into system capabilities per design with an emphasis on system stability and performance.
• Participate in technical exchange meetings, interfacing with customers/SETAs and contributing to a broad range of program deliverables.
• Articulate product acceptance standards and streamlining integration in support of the overall enterprise vision.
• Respond to various requests from program management for technical information and assisting in resolution of technical issues.
• Develop test plans and procedures and conducting software systems test as may be required.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Current and active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility with a CI poly within the last 5 years.
• Security+ certified or the ability to get certified within 6 months of hire
• Ability to identify system design and operational vulnerabilities, and make recommendations to address deficient areas.
• Strong knowledge of or experience in Linux/Unix environments.
• Strong knowledge of or experience with SIGINT processing systems.
• Strong knowledge of or experience with virtualization, messaging techniques and associated software technology.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Experience in a technical integration role.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
• Strong planning and organization skills, yet able to quickly adjust to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
• Knowledge of agile software/system development.
• Experience with VMWare and VOrchestrator.
• Architecture Services and ActiveMq.
• Experience with external interfaces.
• Quick learner and self-starter.
• Experience with large system integration.
• Experience with shell and/or python scripting and/or software development.
• Experience with ICD 503.
• Experience on New Moon or legacy programs is a plus.
• Experience delivering operational mission systems.
• Experience with on-site deployments.
• Experience with Jira, Bitbucket, and Confluence.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.