Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Commodity Specialist III (666399) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Commodity Specialist III
What you’ll do:
- Procure electrical, electronic and electromechanical commodities and back up other commodities as required.
- Prepare and maintain required purchase order or subcontract documentation in accordance with company procedures and government regulations. Develop RFQ/RFP/Bid packages, evaluate supplier quotes or subcontract proposals.
- Recommend and implement negotiation strategies and techniques, lead purchase order or subcontract negotiating teams, and document negotiation results (as required).
- Award and manage purchase order or subcontracts, ensuring that program or indirect purchase orders or subcontract activities adhere to Ball Supply Chain Management processes, certified procurement system, small business program, and approved property system.
- Review and interpret purchase orders, subcontracts, modifications and change orders; prepare purchase order or subcontract file documents and obtain necessary management and compliance reviews/approvals.
- Facilitate communication between the company and the supply base for specific procurement or subcontract actions.
- Ensure supplier or subcontractor performance to company requirements.
- Manage purchase orders or subcontracts, document notes and due dates, and resolve purchase order or subcontract issues.
- Manage purchase order on-time-delivery and prepare and present subcontractor score cards.
- Prepare or present purchase order or subcontract status to programs and participate in status meetings, may work directly with program and customer management to determine and meet program requirements.
- Monitor costs and implement efficiencies in procurement subcontracting activities.
- Participate as key team member and provide support to company proposal teams including guidance and direction relevant to supplier requirements.
- Prepare purchase order or subcontract files for closeout actions.
- Participate in the development of Supply Management policies, processes and procedures.
- Act as official company liaison for and resolve purchase order or subcontract matters with customer and/or program management.
- Contribute to supplier approval and supplier performance activities.
- Understand and support Supply Chain Management Quality processes and requirements.
- Ensure that all subcontract-related business within purview is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations, as well as company policies and directives.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Material procurement experience is required.
- Experience working in Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to assess quotes to determine the most appropriate source to select for given procurement actions.
- Commodity expert in one or more commodity areas, flexibly support other commodity and infrastructure areas and support Strategic Sourcing Team(s).
- Understanding of what constitutes "price reasonableness" and is able to document same in file documentation.
- Ability to work independently and meet hard deadlines, demonstrate effective teamwork skills, and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Capable of probing/questioning internal customers and suppliers on issues related to assigned commodities.
- Proficiency in Federal Acquisition methods for total acquisition life cycle.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access to classified/sensitive material. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. *US Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Commodity Specialist III (666399)
Job ID: 666399
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time