Lockheed Martin DevOps Engineer in Boulder, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you looking to develop your career as a DevOps Engineer?
Do you want to be part of a dynamic, fast-moving, high performance team that's creating a best-in-class team culture, all while quickly adapting to ever-changing customer requirements?
As a DevOps Engineer on the NextGen OPIR Program, your responsibilities include:
Working with a small to medium-sized agile team
- Developing Linux based infrastructure and systems that supports a variety of application footprints
- Create and continuously improve guidelines and procedures including process efficiency
- Provide application development for projects and infrastructure support activities
- Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines for new and existing products.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
This position is for the Next Gen Geo (NGG) Ground DevOps team.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Position requires an ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree
- Experience in software development, integration and test
- Proficient in functional or object oriented programming
- Fast learner who can quickly pick up new technologies
- Experience in architecting / developing Linux systems that supports a variety of application footprints (Virtualized and Containerized)
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with managing deployments of applications
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines using GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, and GitLab Runner
- Hands-on experience in the following areas:
o System orchestration via a Kubernetes-based (or similar) stack
o Software defined networking (SDN)
o Distributed Storage (ie. HDFS, Ceph, Gluster)
- Automated build and system deployment (Cobbler, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience in Agile product development
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of system and network architecture
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.