Apple Lab Technician in Boulder, Colorado
2 years of experience in liquid formulation, analytical chemistry, or materials science in a R&D, manufacturing or similar environment
Working knowledge of lab equipments and instruments such as balance, vacuum pump, mixing equipment etc.
Must be willing and able to understand and carry out work following instructions / SOPs from senior scientists
Must be willing and able to follow lab safety protocols such as wearing PPEs at all times
Strong written, verbal communication, and social skills
Strong multi-tasking, problem solving, and time management skills
Stable work history
- Perform routine analyses of raw materials using analytical instruments such as titrations, spectroscopy, spectrometry, and chromatography following standard operating procedures (SOPs) - Handle solid and liquid raw materials/components to formulate liquid formulations following work instructions / SOPs from senior scientists with ‘right the first time’ execution - Prepare samples, collect material characterization data, and document results in the data spreadsheets following the SOPs - Perform basic calibration and preventative maintenance on basic equipments to ensure EH&S compliance in laboratory - Support the management of lab supplies, chemical inventory, lab housekeeping and EH&S related work - Participate in failure analysis and root cause investigation as required - Perform all duties with a high degree of dedication and adherence to safety and environmental stewardship
Education & Experience
Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science preferred
- Experience with analytical tools such as UV-Vis spectroscopy, FTIR / Raman spectroscopy, titrations, gas / liquid chromatography, and material property testing
- College level education in chemistry / materials science
- Proficient in Excel, JMP, Origin and have the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Experience with design of experiment (DOE)
- Experience in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulated environment or good understanding of current GMPs
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant at https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migratedfiles/employers/eeocselfprintposter.pdf (Opens in a new window) at https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migratedfiles/employers/eeocselfprintposter.pdf .
Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor. at https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/executive-order-11246 Learn more at https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/executive-order-11246 (Opens in a new window) at https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/executive-order-11246 .
Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance at https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf guidelines at https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf (opens in a new window) at https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf applicable in your area.
Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program at https://www.apple.com/jobs/pdf/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf (Opens in a new window) at https://www.apple.com/jobs/pdf/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf .
Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Reasonable Accommodation and Drug Free Workplace policy at https://www.apple.com/jobs/us/accommodationdrugfree.html Learn more at https://www.apple.com/jobs/us/accommodationdrugfree.html (Opens in a new window) at https://www.apple.com/jobs/us/accommodation_drugfree.html .