Autodesk Senior Software Engineer in Boulder, Colorado
Job Requisition ID #
Software Engineer, Autodesk AEC Generative Design Group (AECGD)
Autodesk is the world's leading design software and digital content company, offering customers progressive business solutions through powerful technology products and services. Autodesk helps customers in the building, manufacturing, infrastructure, digital media, and wireless data services fields increase the value of their digital design data and improve efficiencies across their entire project lifecycle management processes.
The Generative Design Group (AECGD) in the Building, Infrastructure Design Group (BID) is responsible for the product marketing, product management, and development of generative design products on windows, iOS and web clients. We are seeking a Software Engineer to help this effort by providing strong software design and development expertise in the creation of the tools, platform and services that make up the 3D generative design FormIt product. As a Software engineer, you will have a huge impact on how we design, build and deliver our tools and services to millions of people.
We are looking for engineers who love finding efficient and thoughtful solutions to a variety of technical and product challenges. You should strive to write efficient, maintainable code and you should enjoy pushing code every day.
• Develop and maintain tools and scripts for build systems using Jenkins and product installers.
• Develop high-level software design, APIs, prototypes and production code to implement 3D conceptual design applications and solutions.
• Collaborate with software architects, product designers, product managers, test engineers and others to implement high-quality applications and solutions.
• Thoroughly unit test, debug and solve defects in implemented software solutions.
Minimum Qualifications Technical :
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Strong scripting skills in python and Jenkins.
• Strong experience with frontend web technologies including HTML5, CSS, jQuery and WebGL as well as backend web technologies including Node.js.
• Solid understanding of the full web technology stack involving HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading and caching and the ability to find and resolve performance bottlenecks.
• Knowledge and experience in 3D design, geometric modeling and content delivery applications.
• Hands-on experience with application development on Windows, Apple platforms.
• Ability to convert complex software solutions into well written technical design documents.
• Familiarity with the software development process, including specification, quality assurance and documentation.
• Comprehensive knowledge of software development methodologies such as Agile.
Qualifications (Qualitative) :
• Strong communication skills with the ability to converse fluently with multiple types of audiences ranging from managers, customers, partners and software development personnel
• Passion for developing robust software and writing maintainable code
• Keen interest in new technologies and their timely adoption
• Ability to learn large software systems quickly
• Ability to work well in a team to deliver on team goals
• Flexibility under changing conditions and ability to multi-task between projects
• Self-directed and require minimal supervision
• Ability to communicate with local as well as remote and international teams
Location: Americas - United States - Colorado - Boulder
Salary Midpoint for this position (Colorado):
Click below to learn more about our benefits in the US.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers at mailto:Careers%20%3Ccareers@autodesk.com%3E .
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.