Lockheed Martin Software Engineer in Boulder, Colorado
Description: Are you looking for an exciting career as a Software Engineer at one of the top Aerospace and Defense Companies? A fulfilling position that challenges your mind, grows your skills, and contributes to our Nation’s most critical missions is right in front of you? At Lockheed Martin Space, we advance the frontiers of science, help militaries protect what matters most, and solve problems that others think are impossible. We have challenging missions that will inspire and innovate!
Lockheed Martin's Apex Engineering Team develops and operates engineering and sustainment solutions for commercial, military and intelligence users across the globe. These mission critical efforts include development of innovative enterprise, cloud and application-based solutions for mission management, command and control, collection orchestration and tasking, processing, data analysis and analytics along with premier operations and sustainment capabilities of space-based programs in support of national security.
As a member of the Apex RTS/PDT Software Development Team you will be responsible for developing software in support of OPIR sensor data stream processing. You will operate in a high-performing team with responsibilities that include:
- Designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems.
- Participating in the full software development lifecycle using the Apex Scalable Agile Methodology.
- Coming up with creative, straightforward solutions to technical and user experience challenges.
- Participating in the team’s daily standups, testing, and demos.
- Developing unit tests to assist in maintaining code coverage.
This position is located in our beautiful Boulder, Colorado location which has numerous amenities such as a fitness center, daily rotating food trucks, and a collaborative and modern agile workspace.
The ability to acquire a TS/SCI Clearance is required for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, scientific, or computer science discipline.
- C/C++ or Java programming experience.
- Experience developing in a Linux environment.
- Bash or similar scripting experience.
- Python programming experience.
- Linux OS background.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or VMware experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of agile development.
- Experience in designing/testing software from a systems engineering perspective.
- Security+ certification.
- Must have strong teamwork and user support skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.