Lockheed Martin Software Engineer in Boulder, Colorado
Description: Are you looking for an exciting career at one of the top Aerospace and Defense Companies? A fulfilling position that challenges your mind, grows your skills, and contributes to our Nation’s most critical missions is right in front of you? At Lockheed Martin Space, we advance the frontiers of science, help militaries protect what matters most, and solve problems that others think are impossible. We have challenging missions that will inspire and innovate!
Lockheed Martin's Apex Engineering Team develops and operates engineering and sustainment solutions for commercial, military and intelligence users across the globe. We are seeking a dynamic Software Engineer to help support these critical efforts, which include development of innovative enterprise, cloud and application-based solutions for mission management, command and control, collection orchestration and tasking, processing, data analysis and analytics along with best-in-class operations and sustainment capabilities of space-based programs in support of national security.
As a member of the Integrated Ground Team, you will be responsible for developing software in support of NGG and Software Factory and participate in establishing an updated software development environment. You will have the opportunity to be a part of a high-performing team with responsibilities that include:
• Designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging software.
• Participating in the full software development lifecycle using the Apex Scalable Agile Methodology.
• Developing creative, straightforward solutions to technical and user experience challenges.
• Participating in the team’s daily standups, testing, and demos.
• Developing unit tests to assist in maintaining code coverage.
• Providing inputs towards the architecture solution for NGGs software development environment.
This position is located in our Boulder, Colorado location which has numerous amenities such as a fitness center, daily rotating food trucks, and a collaborative and modern agile workspace.
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Ability to obtain TS/SCI Clearance is required for this position.
Acceptable degree programs will include only science and technology related programs such as Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, etc.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information, including US Citizenship.
• Machine Learning and Algorithm Development
• Experienced in Cloud Native Technologies:
• Experience Provisioning and Managing Cloud Resources (AWS or Openstack)
• Candidate should have familiarity with modern software development concepts
Micro-Service Oriented Architectures
Infrastructure as Code
• Restful API development experience
• Linux OS background
• Experience in designing/testing software from a systems engineering perspective.
• Self-motivated candidate with strong teamwork skills
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
C/C++ or Java development
Experience work full development lifecycle
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College