Lockheed Martin Software Engineering Associate Manager in Boulder, Colorado
Description: Are you looking for an exciting career as a leader at one of the top Aerospace and Defense Companies? A fulfilling position that challenges your mind, grows your skills, and contributes to our Nation’s most critical missions is right in front of you!
At Lockheed Martin Space, we advance the frontiers of science, help the military protect what matters most, and solve problems that others think are impossible. We have challenging missions that will inspire and innovate!
Our team in Boulder, Colorado is looking for motivated leaders to drive our Operations and Development teams into the future. In these challenging assignments you will be responsible to lead your program, product, or initiative while working with your peers to deliver positive culture change across the Boulder site. This position is the engineering leader responsible for managing our Sustainment and Operation and Maintenance Modifications.
This position will provide engineering leadership and management skills. Understanding engineering processes will be required to lead the team. Candidate will be part of a team working to capture, define, architect, design, develop, integrate, test and sell-off products to various military and potential commercial customers. Candidate will work closely with site leadership, program managers, product owners, and peers; assuming project responsibility for follow on business capture, proposal, and project management of product baselines.
Specific tasks include:
• 90% Software Development Tasks and 10% Management for an 8 to 15 person team
• Experience working with C++, Java, UNIX/LINUX, SQL, Eclipse IDE, git, gitlab
• Mentor in Software Development and Integration/Verification Test Engineers
• Build and maintain a staffing plan, coordinate forecasts with the LOB, recruit and hire to develop the proper skill level and diversity mix
• Focus on providing guidance to staff members to meet critical schedules and resolve critical/complex technical or operational problems
• Perform administrative management duties for engineering staff. This includes timecard approval (timekeeping/overtime authorization), compliance training, promotions, job actions, performance
reviews, awards, and terminations
• Own, execute, and status department level initiatives
This position is in beautiful Boulder, Colorado location which has numerous amenities such as a fitness center, daily rotating food trucks, and a collaborative environment.
• Experience as a lead engineer (or related discipline)
• Object Oriented Programming
• Ability to work in an environment with evolving requirements and dynamic schedules
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to interact effectively with customers and senior program management
• Demonstrated, outstanding internal and external customer relation skills
• Final Secret Clearance required to start.
• Knowledge of LM Full Spectrum Leadership
• Knowledge of the customer and Lockheed Martin program lifecycles, processes, and procedures
• Experience in writing Basis of Estimates from a Software Perspective
• git and gitlab
• Demonstrated experience in managing an engineering skill set to achieve functional and programmatic requirements and goals
• Top Secret/SCI
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.