Honeywell Electrical/Mechanical Lab Technician in Broomfield, Colorado
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Honeywell Quantum Solutions is focused on developing the world’s most advanced quantum computers, with ‘full stack’ capability from user interface software to the hardware layer and trapped ions. Our premier team of scientists and engineers leverages expertise in complex hardware and software control systems, advanced optics and lasers, magnetics, cryogenics, atomic physics, and ultra-high vacuum environments to design and build systems with best-in-class performance in terms of both fidelity and qubit count. Honeywell believes quantum information systems will revolutionize the way many industries work. As a leading technology company, we intend to help shape the adoption and integration of those systems into the markets of our customers. We’re hiring the world’s best physicists, quantum engineers and technicians to make it happen.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell is seeking an experienced Laboratory Technician to join our hardworking team of engineers and physicists at Honeywell Quantum Solutions in our Broomfield, CO location. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of high-technology principles and practices and will have worked in a laboratory environment.
· Collaborate with engineers and physicists to solve hardware, sub-system and testbed problems
· Perform soldering, fabrication, and build of assemblies
· Verification of components, cables, subassemblies and microelectronic assemblies
· Perform tests, troubleshoot and rework to assure completion of assemblies
· Data collection and analysis using standard laboratory test equipment and mathematical software
YOU MUST HAVE:
· HS Diploma/GED
· 4+ years’ experience in an engineering or R&D environment
· Due to U.S. export control laws, must be a U.S. citizen
· Associate or Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent
· Strong RF, digital and analog troubleshooting skills and familiarity with RF test equipment such as Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzer, Logic Analyzer, Sampling Scopes, AWGs, etc.
· Demonstrated experience building/maintaining electronic systems
· Experience in construction and operation of cryogenic and ultra-high vacuum apparatus
· Experience with lasers and optics
· CAD experience (schematic capture, PCB layout (Altium), mechanical (Solidworks)) and circuit simulation software a plus
· Ability to work from assembly drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, sketches and other written, visual and oral instructions
· Demonstrated experience with 3D printers to make rapid prototypes
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with Object Oriented Programming (e.g., python, C++)
· Self-Starter willing to learn and apply new SW and HW skills
· People who want to change the world positively through the power of quantum computing
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary Range: $51,200 - $64,000
For benefits information please visit https://careers.honeywell.com/us/en/honeywell-benefits. Current
employees may visit HR Direct.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.