General Dynamics Information Technology ESOC Watch Officer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
GDIT is searching for an ESOC Watch Officer who holds TS/SCI (poly preferred) for a full time position, located in Colorado Springs. Shifts will be 3 on and 3 off, 12 hours, Day or Night available. The positions offered herein are contingent upon customer approval, but GDIT is actively seeking qualified candidates in order to be prepared to immediately fill these positions .
GDIT will provide DoDIIS (Department of Defense Intelligence Information System) customers worldwide with an ESOC consisting of Self-Help Knowledge Portals, remote Service Desk resolution support, and in-field customer engagement support. GDIT will be the first point of contact for IT problem resolutions helping to increase user satisfaction, reduce resolution time, and consolidate and standardize remote and in-field customer support at the enterprise level.
Responsibilities and Duties
Provide support to the Enterprise Watch Command Center to ensure monitoring, tracking, and documenting of Severity Level incidents and escalation of incidents affecting critical business functions.
• Monitor and track service impacting changes in the enterprise infrastructure.
• Work with Service Operations team staff during the installation, upgrade, or decommissioning of infrastructure equipment or software to monitor and track potential impact to the enterprise
• Monitors and analyzes critical incident alerts regarding outages or degradation in services affecting the enterprise using monitoring tools
• Assist with the development and maintenance of standard operation monitoring procedures
• Assist with Major Incident Severity Level calls (standing up conference calls, identifying appropriate service line resources, documenting a timeline of events)
• Preparing, updating, and reporting Situational Awareness to the ESOC PMO and Client Liaisons
• Monitor planned and unplanned service impacting changes
• Assist with preparation of Outage and Resolution Notifications for Severity Level Incidents, Advisory Notifications, Planned Outage Notifications, and updates to those outages
• Assist with SharePoint Outage Tracker entries and updates
• Assist with setting up conference bridges in support of Severity Level 1s and 2s and engaging appropriate resources
• Archiving of Daily Operations Report and Shift Change Log (Day Shift)
• Perform trend analysis reports as requested
• Check on the status of Critical Site Tickets and close if possible
• Check on the status of Prolonged/Multiple Transfers of Tickets and close if possible
• Bachelors’ Degree + 3-4 years working in a technical environment as it relates to IT issues
• Associates Degree +5- 6 years
• 8 Years IT Experience without Degree
• Holds TS/SCI (poly preferred)
• Hold an ITIL and/or technical certification
• Technical background and strong IT skills/knowledge in networking, exchange, or desktop support
• Strong understanding of ITIL concepts
• Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, and desktop applications
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong logic and analytical skills
• Strong customer service skills and experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent organizational skills
• Basic knowledge of ServiceNow, Windows Desktops, or other IT Service Management System
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
USA CO Colorado Springs - 8610 Explorer Dr (COC036)
Additional Work Locations:
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.