Lockheed Martin Flight Software Engineer Staff in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: Are you a creative thinker and problem solver? Are you prepared to take you career to new heights? Join the Lockheed Martin team as a Software Engineer.
Within the GPS Mission Operations program, you will be a principle for the maintenance of the flight software which will include the design, creation, verification and deployment of complex new software as well as the modifications of existing software. You will use your experience, and/or skills in Agile software development, software verification and validation, risk identification and mitigation, software lifecycle management/supportability, in integration to develop, test and maintain software using languages and technologies including but not limited to; C++, Java, Python, Big Data, Data Science, Cyber Security, and Embedded systems.
Some of the responsibilities of this role on GPS III will include:
• Supports Implementation and Maintenance of Software Development Plan, Software Design Documents, Software Requirements Specifications, software and system maintenance documents (and other configuration managed and controlled deliverable/non-deliverable docs)
• Ensures team adheres to Software Processes and Policies
• Supports Risk assessment process
• Modify/develop software for new and existing payloads, apply lessons learned and lead anomaly resolution
• Works with satellite payload and bus specialists to identify, assess, and resolve anomalous operations related to flight software performance to ensure maximum satellite availability and extend satellite operational life
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Supporting the Global Positioning System (GPS) III satellite on-orbit sustainment program and contributing to GPS IIR/IIR-M sustainment and service life extension efforts.
• Reporting through GPS IIR/IIR-M Flight Software lead to program management and assisting with the day to day operations including budgeting, scheduling, presentations to customer, information dissemination, and coordination activities for the GPS Flight Operations Group.
• Supporting to the organizational leadership and assist group with LM tools required for business continuity and project status tracking.
• Supporting test and readiness activities including rehearsal and simulation activities. Will act as operations engineer for a designated spacecraft
* Minimum of 3-4 years of demonstrated experience in engineering with increasing levels of responsibility
* Demonstrated ability to interface and communicate with customers, peers and leadership
* Technical experience in spacecraft test and operations lifecycle
* Technical experience in the Flight Software lifecycle & processes
* Experience with the system engineering major review lifecycle: SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, TRR and Configuration control/management
* Technical experience with the A2100 Flight Software code line
* Experience with satellite flight software development and maintenance
* Experience with GPSIII or other A2100 Spacecraft operations.
* Active DOD Secret or higher clearance - interim acceptable* Experience with software development models such as Waterfall and Agile processes
* Full software development life cycle experience
* Ability to perform software integration and test development
* Ability to work with multiple programming languages, operating systems, and development environments.
* Understanding of missile or satellite software systems
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.