Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Lead Software Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Kratos Technology & Training Solutions, Inc. (KTTS) has a great opportunity for a Lead Software Engineer to support the Consolidated AFSCN Modifications, Maintenance, and Operations (CAMMO) contract which maintains the requirement of operational performance through a consolidated service of operations, site support, organizational and depot maintenance, sustainment, modifications, and factory/launch compatibility testing for the Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN).
- Manage software projects and software baselines.
- Maintain Disciplined Software Sustainment Processes
- Support Agile Software Processes
- Participate in evaluating the feasibility of completing scope within budget and schedule constraints, assisting with schedule development, and providing primary technical direction for the development effort.
- Under general supervision, design, develop, troubleshoot, and analyze software programs for computer based systems. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Design and develop compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- As required, provide inputs for documentation of new or existing programs.
- Primarily interface with intra-organizational staff with infrequent contact with inter-organizational staff and outside customers and vendors on routine matters.
- Research, design, and develop computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development, for military applications, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Analyze software requirements to help determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Formulate and design software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Perform software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- May provide technical material to selected proposals and reports to substantiate and secure program fund
- Identify creative solutions to improve system and product offerings.
- Work with engineering and management team to collectively meet market requirements.
- Help document engineering work as input for company collateral and patent requirements.
- Provide input as required to technical writers to create customer-relevant documentation.
- Coordinate with project work teams to ensure adherence to policies, achievement of quality targets and delivery on schedule milestones.
Experience and Skills:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
Minimum of 5 years experience in software engineering/development.
AFSCN and DoD experience preferred.
Technical, hands-on experience with software design and development.
Candidate must be able to articulate technical concepts orally and in written forms both internally to the team as well as externally to the customer and users.
Active Secret clearance required.
Position located in Colorado Springs, CO.
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required. Kratos Federal offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Kratos Federal is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer that recognizes the importance of diversity. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment and strongly encourage minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.
Job Tracking ID: KTTS-19-014
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: November 12, 2018
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP