Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Logistics Specialist in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Full Time / Part-Time
Up to 50%
Logistics Specialist (CoESMD-20-1323-F)
Bowhead seeks a Logistics Specialist to support the CoE Space and Missile Defense contract in Colorado Springs, CO. This candidate will support Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) activities for United States Army Space and Missile Defense Command, Space and Missile Defense (SMD) Center of Excellence (SMDCoE), US SMD School. SMD School core functions include: 1) Educate, train, and develop leaders for Space and Missile Defense operations; 2) Develop Army Doctrine for Space, High Altitude, and Global Missile Defense; 3) Develop individual and collective training tasks for space and missile defense operations; and 4) Execute the Army Quality Assurance Program to ensure standards are met in the educations, training, and leadership development of Soldiers and Civilians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides training and instruction to support one or more SMD School training courses
• Provides supply support through material research, ordering, warranty tracking, packaging, handling, storing and transporting.
• Exercise logistics support utilizing standard practices and processes.
• Provide analysis using logistics tools and metrics.
• Provide technical subject matter expertise and knowledge related to Army logistical processes.
• Record logistics management information.
• Receive, track, document, status
• Travel to conduct training as required
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally, responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job operates in multiple environments: a professional office environment, operational military training environment including adverse weather and terrain, and in a classroom environment. While in a military training environment, the position requires the wear of military uniforms, Army combat helmet, the use of night vision goggles, and standard Army personal protective equipment. This job routinely requires the ability to lift 50 pounds or more and can include lengthy periods of walking. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. It also uses and troubleshoots small to medium signal transmitters, military equipment, and spectrum analyzers.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• 5+ years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience.
• Experience and understanding of military operations with emphasis on logistical support
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to brief higher ranking officials
• Experience using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Ability to travel 50% or more
• Must have working knowledge in acquisition life cycle processes and product development.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. However, Top Secret is highly preferred. US Citizenship is a requirement for holding a clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)