Northrop Grumman Principal Software Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will support the Command & Control Ballistic Missile Communications (C2BMC) program. Selected candidate will primarily support the C2BMC program Enterprise Services team in Colorado Springs, CO.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop software in Java for the team.
• Responsible for performing in-depth analysis and technical support of systems software products, including complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support.
• Maintain currency, debug and configure related software products.
• Work from specifications to develop or modify operating systems applications.
• Assist with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs.
• Interface with other system support groups to resolve problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the operating system.
• Design, code, test and implement tools for operations automation.
• Work on most phases of software systems programming applications
• A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience; or a minimum of 9 years' relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
• Software engineering and software development with strong Java/J2EE/C++ experience.
• Experience and knowledge of software practices such as coding standards, automated testing, automated build pipelines and configuration management.
• Experience developing enterprise applications on Linux (Windows experience also desired).
• Extensive experience with Java foundation classes and toolkits.
• Use of common software development and management tools such as maven, git/gitea, nexus and Eclipse.
• Experience with agile development methodologies.
• Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams.
• Knowledge of server side/database development, and some computer system administration experience.
• Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to review performance and operational issues, identify root cause, recommend, and design and implement a solution.
• An active Secret clearance or higher.
• Command and control system application development.
• Experience with Software Integration and formal testing.
• Knowledge and experience implementing Cyber Security/RMF requirements.
• Flexibility and willingness to take on unanticipated tasking.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering