LALA US, Inc Production Operator - Cheese Cook in Colorado Springs, Colorado
POSITION: Cheese Cook SHIFT: Based on Seniority
WAGE: Tier “AA” Per union contract
Sinton Dairy Foods, a LaLa US Company is seeking a reliable Cheese Filler Operator who takes pride in their work and operates with effectiveness and accuracy and understands and supports Safety and Qaulity in the Workplace.
· Comply with all Company Safety rules
· Safely set up, inspect, and verify equipment for all start-ups, run time, changeovers and shutdowns. Perform all procedures in CIP, Batching and milk separation duties in accordance with established standards. Conduct and verify equipment adjustments. Evaluate issues and using business expertise, develop solutions and implement action plans.
· Use established product specification and standard operating procedures to set up and operate lines, tanks, equipment, prepare mix, and conduct quality inspections during specified stages of processing including the use of established forms and SAP business software. Troubleshoot and correct processing issues.
· Duties to include washing and set up of lines and tanks for CIP, transferring bulk dairy products (raw milk, liquid sucrose and cream), receiving bulk chemicals, making cheese creams and pasteurizing the mix, ensuring that production operations are supplied with product.
· Verify work areas are set up to begin sanitation process; schedule and initiate clean in place (CIP) process. Direct and perform equipment sanitation and clean out of place (COP) duties in accordance with standard operating procedures.
· Consistently work to achieve company goals
· Shall be responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring
· Cooks milk and specified ingredients to make cheese according to formula
· Records amounts of ingredients used, test results and time cycles.
· Lifting (approximately 40 to 50 pounds to shoulder height)
· Makes variations in time cycles and ingredients used for succeeding batches.
· Maintain Good Manufacturing Practices
· All other duties as assigned.
This position requires a highly motivated, quality focused individual.
· High School or General Education Diploma required
· Basic mathematical skills
· Ability to use basic hand tools
· Basic ability to read, write, and interpret instructions and manuals
· Ability to multi-task, possess strong attention to details and accuracy is required
· Good understanding of receiving and shipping as it applies to warehouse operations
· Must be able to perform all physical demands of the position
· Strong communication skills
· Experience in food manufacturing or preparation
· Experience as HTST operator preferred
· This position requires regular and prompt attendance during the working hours scheduled by the Department Manager
· Must pass background check, pre-employment physical, and drug screen
LALA US Sinton Dairy has been in business since 1880 and manufactures Promised Land Dairy Milk and Nordica Cottage Cheese. The facility provides a clean work environment, well-lit, highly automated production facility and career advancement opportunities. LALA US provides a competitive total compensation package including:
Competitive starting pay of $15.44/hour with a progression increase up to $20.58/hour
Annual increases pre-negotiated with the union
Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
Holiday and Vacation pay
Sinton Dairy Foods, a LaLA US Dairy Company is an EEO/AA Employer
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Key to Requirements as Percentage of Work Day
N = NEVER
F = FREQUENT 34 – 66% of Time
O = OCCASIONAL 1 - 33% of Time
C = CONSTANT 67 – 100% of Time
Lift & Carry
Up to 10 lbs
Up to 20 lbs
Up to 30 lbs
Bend at the Waist
Up to 50 lbs
Up to 10 lbs
Up to 20 lbs
Up to 30 lbs
Up to 50 lbs or Greater
Reach Above Shoulder
Repetitive Hand Use