Lockheed Martin Senior Software Engineer in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: Join Lockheed Martin as a Senior Software Engineer on the C2BMC program in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Conduct software development in the Java/C++ language for the Modeling & Simulation team
- Perform in-depth analysis and technical support of systems software products, including sophisticated problem resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support
- Maintain currency, debug and configure related software products
- Work from specifications to build or modify operating systems applications
- Assist with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs
- Collaborate with other system support groups to resolve problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the operating system
- Design, code, test, build and implement tools for operations automation
- Work on most phases of software systems programming applications, and may require instruction and mentorship
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS INCLUDING MEDICAL/DENTAL/LIFE INSURANCE
As part of our innovative environment, you’ll have outstanding benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY:
- Medical (some LM locations have on-site medical)
- 401k (with generous matching)
- Paid time off including, (we have a 4x10 schedule which means: 52 three-day weekends!)
- Work/life balance, family-friendly environment
- Career development, career-growth, and lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
- Knowledgeable, supportive and engaged leadership
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Generous Tuition Reimbursement
Whatever your interests, there’s likely a community at Lockheed Martin for networking, becoming familiar with the area and enjoying common activities with coworkers.
Lockheed Martin’s excellent and comprehensive benefits package. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
We support our employees, so they can support our mission.
**Currently hold an Active DoD SECRET Clearance**
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related field, equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years' professional experience; or 3 years' experience with a related Master’s degree
- Software engineering and development experience with Java/JEE/C++, for UNIX/Linux platform
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications
- Experience with Object Oriented Design and Programming methodologies
- Experience and knowledge of basic software practices (e.g., coding standards and configuration management)
- Use of common software development and management tools (e.g., git, Nexus, JIRA, Confluence, Eclipse)
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts (e.g., UML, Use Cases and SysML diagrams)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and have the flexibility to work in a highly multifaceted environment
- Experience in developing missile defense simulations using executing state machines
- Knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense concepts, Battle Management and Command and Control systems, defense communications systems, and the Missile Defense System (MDS) in general
- Knowledge of one or more MDS elements, such as C2BMC, AN/TPY-2, LRDR, BOA, SBIRS, GMD, Aegis BMD, and PATRIOT
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with scenario generation a plus
- Familiarity Agile Scrum, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.