Lockheed Martin Software Engineer - Java, Agile, Enterprise Services in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: This position is for a Software Engineer on the C2BMC program. The candidate will be responsible for software development in the Java language for Enterprise Services. Under minimal direction, provides specialized expertise within multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of related disciplines, applications implications, and customer areas. Responsible for performing in-depth analysis and technical support of systems software products, including complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support. Maintains currency, debugs and configures related software products. Works from specifications to develop or modify operating systems applications. Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs. Interfaces with other system support groups to resolve problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the operating system. Designs, codes, tests and implements tools for operations automation. Works on most phases of software systems programming applications, and may require instruction and guidance in other phases.
Software engineering and software development with strong Java/ J2EE/C++ experience. The candidate will have experience and knowledge of basic software practices such as coding standards and configuration management. Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to work effectively in a rapid paced, team environment.
Other required technical skills include:
- Use of common software development and management tools such as Clearcase and Eclipse
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams
- Experience implementing mathematical algorithms in source code
Desired technical skills:
- Experience developing enterprise applications.
- Familiarity with Java foundation classes and toolkits.
- Knowledge of server side/database development, computer system administration; Net-centric, horizontal integration program expertise is a plus.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on unanticipated tasking is highly desirable.
Experience in some or all of the following areas desired:
- Command and control system application development
- Experience with Software Integration testing
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to review performance, identify root cause and recommend a solution.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.