USfalcon, Inc. Software Engineer V in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Working at USfalcon is about providing exceptional professional services to the DoD and various Federal Agencies. We have been excelling in diverse platforms for almost 30 years and continue to be an industry leader. If you thrive in an organization that values integrity, commitment, stewardship, and service, we want to meet you.
We have an exciting opportunity to join us in supporting one of our valued customers as a Software Engineer V to work out of Colorado Springs, CO.
- Provide systems analysis, development, planning, designing, and evaluating of software and provide software related problem solutions
- Provide engineering, technical, and managerial direction for problem definition, analysis, requirement development, and implementation for complex systems in the engineering discipline required to meet technical requirements
- Make recommendations and advises on system development, improvements, optimization, or support efforts
- Resolve software interoperability problems to ensure operations stability across 3IS systems
- Enable spiral development of new or enhanced space related software, hardware, and processes
- Support the development and implementation of Command and Control (C2) and operations requirements towards an integrated aerospace C2 approach
- Develop exercise and training databases and SOA Web Services, utilizing Oracle, MS SQL server, and other back-end data sources
- Develop scripts to automate administration and management of the environment, production support, and enhancement of previously developed products. Must be able to develop and maintain software applications in a high security environment while working on complex analytical and programming tasks requiring knowledge of programming languages and data communications
- Conduct full lifecycle software development including specification, coding, testing, documentation, release management, and post-production support
- Performs risk assessments and analyses employing modeling and simulation techniques
- Have strong communication skills to effectively communicate with developers, quality assurance staff, customers, internal departments, coworkers, peers, and management in a professional manner, through written and verbal communication, regarding technical and non-technical issues
- Have strong knowledge of programming languages and data communications operating in a TCP/IP and client/server architecture.
- Manage work and time based on the project plan, assigned tasks and milestones, and direct own efforts effectively.
- Provide engineering and software expertise for M&S and/or crew simulator systems contracted to the contractor for development, such as the Space System Generator.
- Support IT development of the DMOC-S to enable it to provide an operational training architecture that will ensure a realistic and effective training environment for space forces.
- Plan, research, design, develop, code and document software applications in support of the DMOC-S requirements and conduct training activities required to ensure DMOC-S personnel are able to effectively use the software applications.
- Additional duties as assigned
Required Experience and Education:
- Over 25 years' experience in engineering discipline such as aerospace, information, electrical, mechanical, computer, software, telecommunications, information security, network or other engineering disciplines.
- Minimum 15 years of experience software development, including multithreading applications.
- Masters/PHD or Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering, or may substitute additional 10 years of additional direct relevant experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree, 15 years for masters/PHD. For a combined total of 25 years for education and experience.
- 15+ years direct software development experience, including object-oriented as well as procedural languages, utilizing multiple threads (special emphasis on C++ & C#)
- 4+ years’ experience designing/building service oriented architectures: SOAP, WSDL, xml, xml schemas
- 6+ years’ experience developing modeling and simulation tools
- 3+ years’ experience with DIS and/or HLA applications protocols
- 3+ years’ experience with Oracle and SQL Server database development/maintenance
- Systems Engineering Experience
- Technical writing and user operating instruction writing experience
- Demonstrated experience with a wide variety of programming languages and architectures, and the integration of disparate systems including C++ programming, Oracle and Microsoft database development.
- Working knowledge of Eclipse & SOAPUI tools
- Experience and knowledge of AF Space Command (AFSPC) and/or Distributed Mission Operations Center (DMOC) mission areas/operations.
- Experience working collaboratively with a team on larger projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
*Clearance: *Top Secret/SCI
Travel*: *This position may require 20% CONUS travel.
Job ID: 2020-3472
Clearance Level: TS/SCI