Oracle System Administrator 2-IT Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity. React to potential problems using automation, scheduling, and monitoring tools - escalating to management where appropriate. Participate in configuration and implement technical solutions to enhance and/or troubleshoot the system. Responsible for support documentation as well.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. 2-4 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is located in Oracle Santa Clara, CA. The person joining the organization willhelp our team deliver the overall stability, performance, reliability, and overall response time that our laboratory users expect.
You will be supporting remote users of the laboratory infrastructure. This position involves the deployment of qualification test beds/topologies defined by engineering. You will be helping the Quality Assurance (QA) team during test execution.
You will be responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of our compute, network, and storage systems. You may acquire, install or upgrade computer and networking components and software; provide routine automation; maintain security policies; handle backup procedures; help set up, maintain and delete user accounts as required; troubleshoot issues; train other team members; and/or offer technical support for projects.
You will rack/stack/patch/ground network switches and servers per project specifications. Deploy and troubleshoot servers and network equipment in the laboratory. Prepare, deploy, and test fiber and copper patch cables.
Other responsibilities involve maintaining and supporting the lab infrastructure; responding to lab user support requests; managing lab inventory; creating process and design ocumentation; and suggesting operations improvements.
Work prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are critical to being successful in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Imaging and racking servers and networking equipment in the laboratory.
• Perform row/cabinet installations/de-installations, cabling, wiring, labeling, and tracing.
• Add/update installed infrastructure.
• Install and configure new hardware and software.
• Install and configure new test beds specified by the test team and other lab users.
• Assist in planning and optimization of laboratory space. Work with extended team to optimize port utilization and cable runs.
• Provide hands on management of laboratory services, including rack and cable management.
• Participate in capacity planning and equipment installation.
• Apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
• Recommend software and hardware enhancements.
• Responsibility for documenting the configuration of systems.
• Create file systems.
• Create backup and recovery policies.
• Answer technical queries and assist users.
• Interpret and solve problems when a user or an automated monitoring system alerts that a problem exists.
• Analyze system logs and identify potential issues with computer systems.
• User administration: setup and maintain accounts (e.g. add, remove, or update user account information, reset passwords, etc.)
• Perform diagnostics, repairs and upgrades on servers and networking hardware.
• Troubleshoot hardware and replace failed parts.
• Engage vendors for hardware problems covered under existing support contracts.
• Execute RMA for all failed hardware and handle the logistics.
• Package and ship hardware as needed.
• Inventory management (e.g. servers, network equipment, cables, transceivers, etc.)
• Track and maintain spare parts.
• Accept incoming shipments and track assets through deployment.
• Use software tools to perform job functions.
• Generally, familiarity with Linux OS commands.
• Transfer tools, parts, equipment, and supplies to and from work stations and storage rooms.
• Perform other related duties as assigned. Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Perform work on ladders and within a raised computer floor as necessary.
• Work hours are 8AM-5PM Monday thru Friday.
• Ability to understand, and to effectively execute, verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to work well within a team-oriented environment and maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to effectively work with teams through ticketing system, email, and instant messaging.
• Able to lift up to 50lbs and or work in elevated locations.
• Experience racking and cabling.
• Experience in Computer Hardware.
• Experience in Computer Networking.
• Experience in Linux Operating Systems.
• Experience with Perl, Python, Bash or other scripting languages.
• 1 to 5 years of experience in network support or related areas. CCNA, MCP, Network or other Network related certifications a plus. Linux Sys Admin and configuration experience a plus.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: System Administrator 2-IT Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 20000RBF
Other Locations: US-CA,California-Santa Clara