City of Colorado Springs Systems Administrator II in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description / Position Overview
Read why COS is '#2 Best Places to Live - 2018'
Learn about the City of Colorado Springs as an employer and what our beautiful city has to offer as a place to live and work by clicking on the following links:http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
This information may change annually.
Systems Administrator II
In this position, you will provide Tier-III IT (Information Technology) services and support. You will develop procedures, troubleshoot and resolve Tier III issues, provide guidance to junior staff, and perform solution/design and engineering work.
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Manage AD (Active Directory) and Group Policy in a mixed Windows environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve GPO (Group Policy Object), AD replication, security, and permissions
- Provide support and administration of a hybrid Exchange 2010 and 2016 environments
- Review system logs and alerts; respond according to documented procedures
- Document all resolution activities and customer contact into the correct ITSM (Information Technology Service Management) tool
- Conduct desk-side support to resolve customer incident and/or request tickets
- Install and troubleshoot a variety of software packages within a primarily Microsoft Windows based environment
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve Tier-III hardware and software tickets; track and manage tickets to ensure timely and agreed upon resolutions and solutions; and document and escalate vendor tickets
- Develop and promote standard operating procedures and the population and use of the KMS (Knowledge Management System)
- Coordinate vendor support
- Ensure proper IT system and data security is practiced at all times
- Support management reporting, information flow, and process planning
- Ensure actions support documented processes and procedures to meet or exceed operational SLAs (Service Level Agreements) with the business partners
- Support the training and skills enhancement of all IT department team members Examples** of Job Competencies
- Microsoft Server 2008R2 through 2016, Microsoft Windows 7 and WIndows 10, Microsoft ADUC (Active Directory Users and Computers), Exchange Tools, Microsoft Office Suite, remote desktop, Internet Explorer/Google Chrome/Mozilla, workstation and peripheral hardware troubleshooting, anti-virus tool operations, basic SaaS connectivity, software licensing, and client VPN capabilities
- Processes and technology such as ITSM Tools (FootPrints, Cherwell, or Remedy), provision user shares, basic TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol), DNS (Domain Name Systems), DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) functionality, mobile device support (iOS & Android), print servers operations, and AD security and permissions
- Federal, state, and local government
Multi-vendor environments Ability to:
Use all available resources to resolve tickets and ensure service delivery
- Manage multiple priorities
- Operate in an ITSM, specifically ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), based environment
- Learn quickly, retain knowledge, and apply to customer solutions
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively verbally and in writing with users, technical support, and management
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships This position requires the ability to show initiative and work independently with little supervision.
Successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in computer science, information systems, or a related field. Significant related experience may be considered in lieu of a bachelor's degree.
- Three years of full-time experience performing information systems programming and analysis
- Possess and maintain a valid, non-probationary Colorado driver's license not subject to restriction related to alcohol and/or drug violations or pending charges
Possess, or obtain within six months of hire CompTIA Security+ and ITIL Foundations certifications Ideal candidates will also have:
Possess MCSE 2008 or greater and ISC2 (International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium) CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- Possess MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) Server 2008, 2012, or 2016 Additional Information
The ability to lift and move IT equipment up to 35 pounds between rooms, facilities, and vehicles is also required.
Environmental Conditions Primary Work Environment: Office environment with some travel from site to site and possible exposure to inclement weather.
**You will primarily work the first shift, which is 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. However, your shift could change due to organizational needs.
On-call availability is required. This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.**
Please visit https://coloradosprings.gov and click on 'Apply for a City Career' > 'City Career Postings – Apply Now' button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position's closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions, go to https://www.coloradosprings.gov/human-resources/page/job-classifications-descriptions.
To view the status of your application, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cosprings/default.cfm.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to http://coloradosprings.gov/jic
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $5,623.00 - $6,751.00 Monthly
Location: Information Technology - City of Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Information Technology
Job Number: 13125
Closing: 1/20/2019 4:00 PM Mountain
Agency: City of Colorado Springs
Address: 30 South Nevada Avenue, Suite 301 Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80903
Phone: 719-385-5456 719-385-5456