Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Sr. in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description: The selected candidate will serve as the Ground Systems Engineer in support of the AEHF/Milstar COOLS Milsatcom Maintenance Team (MMT) on Peterson Air Force Base (AFB) in Colorado Springs, CO. The position requires a final Secret Clearance.
• Responsible for the accuracy and quality of the Technical Baseline
• Primary technical POC to the internal and external stakeholders
• Provides technical guidance to the program in the assigned lifecycle areas of the program.
• Provides technical support to the PM and functional teams
• Assists the program leadership on instances of divergence between the technical, cost, and schedule baselines through the review of the internal products
• Responsible for defining the MMT technical strategy for the Mission SW and DB configurations
• Acts as the technical authority for the COOLS MMT program
• Assist the team in resolving/reconciling technical issues within the team and through appropriate boards
• Document risks & opportunities
• Contributor to the technical cost and schedule estimates for assigned projects
• Coordinates with customer on tactical and strategic issues and topics
• Responsible for the preparation, planning, and successful conduct of SW and Database product development & deliveries
• Responsible for integrated program planning across assigned projects
• Responsible for ensuring all technical and programmatic requirements are met for SW and Database product deliveries
- 3+ years of Clearquest
- 3+ years of SW Lifecycle Management
- 3+ years of Solaris/UNIX OS platform
- 3+ years working with requirements and critical methods development
- 3+ years Oracle SQL Database
- Requirements management
- Project management
- Support to Military Satellite Ground systems (operations and development/maintenance)
- Support to Military Satellite/Payload architectures/programs
- Working with a geographically distributed engineering organization
- Working with a co-located government customer
- Ability to support the sustainment organization troubleshooting complex issues
- Proposal Team Support
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.