USfalcon, Inc. Systems Software Developer, Journeyman in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Working at USfalcon is about providing exceptional professional services to the DoD and various Federal Agencies. We have been excelling in diverse platforms for almost 30 years and continue to be an industry leader. If you thrive in an organization that values integrity, commitment, stewardship, and service, we want to meet you.
We have an exciting opportunity to join us in supporting one of our valued customers on the COCOM Cyber Mission Support (CCMS) contract as a Systems Software Developer, Journeyman to work out of Colorado Springs, CO.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Provide systems analysis, development, planning, designing, and evaluating of software and provide software related problem solutions
- Resolve software interoperability problems to ensure operations stability across 3IS II systems
- Enable spiral development of new or enhanced space related software, hardware, and processes
- Support the development and implementation of Command and Control (C2) and operations requirements towards an integrated aerospace C2 approach
- Develop exercise and training databases and SOA Web Services, utilizing Oracle, MS SQL server, and other back-end data sources
- Develop scripts to automate administration and management of the environment, production support, and enhancement of previously developed products
- Must be able to develop and maintain software applications in a high security environment while working on complex analytical and programming tasks requiring knowledge of programming languages and data communications
- Conduct full lifecycle software development including specification, coding, testing, documentation, release management, and post-production support
- Have strong communication skills to effectively communicate with developers, quality assurance staff, customers, internal departments, coworkers, peers, and management in a professional manner, through written and verbal communication, regarding technical and non-technical issues
- Have strong knowledge of programming languages and data communications operating in a TCP/IP and client/server architecture
- Manage work and time based on the project plan, assigned tasks and milestones, and direct own efforts effectively
- Provide engineering and software expertise for M&S and/or crew simulator systems contracted to the contractor for development, such as the Space System Generator
- Support IT development of the DMOC-S to enable it to provide an operational training architecture that will ensure a realistic and effective training environment for space forces
- Plan, research, design, develop, code and document software applications in support of the DMOC-S requirements and conduct training activities required to ensure DMOC-S personnel are able to effectively use the software applications
- Additional duties as assigned
- A minimum of 5-10 years ‘experience in engineering discipline such as aerospace, information, electrical, mechanical, computer, software, telecommunications, information security, network or other engineering disciplines
- 6 years of experience in software development, including multithreading applications
- 6 years direct software development experience, including object-oriented as well as procedural languages, utilizing multiple threads special emphasis on C++ & C#)
- Experience or knowledge of the following: Designing/building service oriented architectures: SOAP, WSDL, xml, xml schemas, Oracle and SQL Server database development/maintenance, Systems engineering, SQL code writing, Technical writing and user operating instruction writing, Wide variety of programming languages and architectures, and the integration of disparate systems including C++ programming, Oracle and Microsoft database development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering from an accredited institution or 6 years of experience may be substituted for degree.
*Clearance: *Able to obtain a Secret Clearance; TS/SCI preferred
Travel*: *Up to 10%
Job ID: 2020-3436
Category: Information Technology
Clearance Level: Clearable