UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Training/ Architecture Technician in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Tracking Code NCJ72-19-1733-W
Job Code 19-1733
Posting Title Training/ Architecture Technician
Post Date 11/12/2019
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Travel Up to 25%
City Colorado Springs
Description Training/ Architecture Technician (NCJ72-19-1733-W):
Bowhead is seeking a Training/ Architecture Technician for the NORAD USNORTHCOM (N-NC) J72 office at Peterson AFB, CO. The Training/ Architecture Technician is required to train N&NC users on capabilities, functions, and how to use the Small Group Scenario Trainer platform components (Builder, Manager and Player Modules) prior to exercise delivery and during training events. This is a contingent requirement.
Duties to include:
• Train N&NC users on capabilities, functions, and how to use the Small Group Scenario Trainer (SGST) platform components (Builder, Manager and Player Modules) prior to exercise delivery and during training events. Deploy SGST exercises approved by N&NC to the Commands’ NIPR, SIPR, and/or SIPR REL enclaves.
• Troubleshoot SGST technical issues and report bugs when found to J6 using N&NC Help Desk trouble call reporting system for N&NC network issues.
• Upon completion of troubleshooting, the Contractor will notify J721/J72 of SGST issue within one day, the recommended resolution and estimated downtime. Continue to work with J6 until the technical/connectivity/interface issue is resolved and SGST is operational providing continual updates to J721/J72.
• Using the SGST Software Manager Module, create SGST user accounts, assign passwords, reset passwords, and delete accounts as necessary.
• Customer requests for assistance must be adjudicated within two (2) business days. Coordinate with the N&NC J6 on the administration of user accounts for trainees external to the command. Keep the COR informed of all project activities via verbal communication and written weekly project updates.
• Provide monthly reports to include the status of resources, resolution of previously reported problems, summary of the preceding month’s accomplishments, new problems encountered (if any), plans for the following month, and the planned deliverables for the next month.
• Deliver an annual report on the contract start anniversary (base year and each option year) for N&NC/J72 that will document the following: Program accomplishments, key interactions with outside agencies, lessons learned, outstanding issues, program issues and recommendations for remediation.
Bowhead seeks to network with qualified individuals relative to a potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Please click the link at the bottom of this posting to apply for consideration. Incumbent employees are encouraged to respond. No solicitations or third party applications will be accepted.
• Bachelor's Degree. Years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
• Ten (10) years of DOD related experience. Four (4) years of experience in training and exercise design/development at the tactical, operational and strategic levels.
• Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat, basic computer, basic network, and web-application proficiency (no previous SGST experience required).
• Creativity, innovation and self-initiative a must.
• Foundational SGST understanding is required by training participants and leaders for the exercises to be conducted effectively and to fully gain training benefits.
• Master's Degree. Combatant Command (CCMD) staff experience.
• N&NC CMD staff experience and knowledge of mission sets.
• Experience with development or execution of N&NC Assessor Authority Qualification Training, Command Post Exercises and MSEL Development experience highly desired.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)