POWDR Employee Housing Maintenance Technician in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Employee Housing Maintenance Technician
Job Status: Year Round Full Time
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation: Proposed hiring rate of $15 to $16.29+, depending on experience
- Benefits: This position is eligible to enroll in company subsidized medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, HSA, life/disability options; season pass for employees/dependents and privileges at several other resorts. Several discount programs (i.e. food & beverage, retail/rental, tickets, etc.) also available.
The Employee Housing Maintenance Technician will provide the EDGE and Sky Chutes Landing buildings at Copper Mountain Resort with outstanding maintenance services.
This year round, 12-month position, is to be filled as soon as possible. The right candidate must have prior experience in the Building Maintenance field with knowledge in painting, toilet repair, dry wall, and drain clearing. Must have knowledge regarding wattage and sizing of light bulb replacement and general resort/hotel room and common area maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general maintenance: minor plumbing, electrical, drywall repair, and painting.
- Maintain equipment and tools as needed.
- Conduct regularly scheduled inspections of equipment and mechanical systems on daily, weekly, monthly, or annual program.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of daily tasks including repairs, room audits, preventative maintenance check lists, property inspections, project punch lists, and action item lists for the building.
- Document and submit orders for any supplies, materials, parts, equipment, or external vendor services required for the building.
- Maintain complete and accurate records for parts billing, labor billing, timecards, and work orders.
- Follow all established emergency protocols and assist as directed (e.g. power outages, fire alarms, building evacuations).
- Work on projects as the need arises including special events and any other duties as needed.
- Maintain a safe work and living environment.
- Attend Employee Experience divisional meetings as directed.
- Immediately report property damage to Employee Housing Manager/Supervisor for tracking purposes.
- Work as an effective and integral member of the Employee Housing and Employee Experience Teams.
- Comply with all Employee Experience and Copper Mountain policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Assist team members within the Employee Experience division as needed.
- Proactively seeks additional opportunities when not busy with routine work.
- Collaborate with internal departments including building maintenance, facilities maintenance, electrical, and carpentry as needed to troubleshoot/repair building issues.
- Properly file maintenance tracking logs and supplies issues orders.
- Daily record keeping of preventative maintenance check lists, property inspections, and project and action item lists for the building.
Guest Service Duties:
- Creates a positive experience out of every interaction with our employees and guests.
- Is professional in developing solutions when a customer is frustrated; independently resolves conflicts before they escalate.
- Ability to adapt approaches as needed to deliver quality service to employees with various backgrounds, styles, and perspectives.
- Takes pride in and maintains a clean work environment.
- Views change positively; focuses on the benefits of change to help others adapt.
- Demonstrates pride and loyalty to the Copper Mountain Brand by supporting company decisions and acting as an advocate for those decisions.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- No supervisory responsibilities
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to do work from a ladder
- Varied working hours that may include evenings, weekends, early mornings and long days
- Able to climb stairs and ladders and move about all areas of the building easily
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Must have a valid US Driver's license
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- Must own and know how to use hand and small power tools (screwdrivers, hammers, hacksaws, small power drill, jig saw, etc.)
- High School Graduation or GED required
- Two years of general building or resort/hotel maintenance experience or skills in other related fields or trades
- The ability to retain a job for at least two years in the recent past
- Microsoft Office experience desired
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled