Vertical Limit Construction Civil Foreman - Colorado Region in Denver, Colorado
Vertical Limit wants you!
Join a #1 team! You can bring your experience and a strong will to work. Your experience will reinforce a winning team and foster a new generation of Civil Technicians. Vertical Limit provides a solid benefits package, career advancement and much more. Vertical Limit is looking for Civil Foreman in the Midwest, and Mountain Regions.
Under direct supervision of the Project Manager and is responsible for performing day to day construction duties as defined by the manager. The Civil Tech is a key position at Vertical Limit, as you are on the front line, playing an integral role in Vertical Limit’s strategic direction, development, and future growth.
As a Civil Foreman, you will be leading a team environment helping to build the beginning stages of the infrastructure. The beginning stages consist of helping move both physical and natural materials such as earth, concrete, wood, stone, and metal at construction sites with different types of equipment. You will have the knowledge to utilize hand tools, motorized equipment, heavy equipment, and other resources while effectively clearing land, excavating, trenching, grubbing, grading, concrete, rebar work, etc. while training others and ensuring their safety.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate, give instruction, and field training on installation and operation of civil equipment and materials (bobcat, skid steer, backhoe, excavator, sheepsfoot, 1 ½ & 2 ton pickups, dump trucks, etc.) along with maintaining maintenance on the equipment
- General landscaping, construct/pour concrete, and layout/tie rebar
- Set shelters, build culverts, roadways, and collect soil reclamations/corrections
- Understands oral & written directions regarding traffic laws/regulations, occupational hazards, and safety precautions
- Must have knowledge of basic hand tools and experience with power tools, heavy equipment, and be mechanically inclined
- Ability to read plans, blue prints, diagrams, sketches, collect and review closeout documentations for site
- Monitor of daily production reports and complete performance evaluations of crew members
- Valid Class A driver’s license
- Strict attention to detail and organization while promoting safety and quality workmanship
- Pass the following tests prior to employment: drug test, background check, and physical examination evaluation process during training
- Obtain CPR/First Aid AED and OSHA 10 certifications
- Ability to travel up to 3 weeks at a time
- Ability to use office equipment (i.e. computer, copier, scanner, fax)
- Microsoft Office product knowledge (i.e. Outlook, Word, Access)
- Ability to effectively utilize the internet
- Energetic, great physical condition, good hand-eye-foot coordination, and depth perception
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work outside and withstand exposure to dust, dirt, grease, and various inclement weather conditions and temperatures
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time with the ability to frequently stoop, bend, & kneel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Vertical Limit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Location: Denver, CO