Adams Communication & Engineering Technology Customer Service Technician in Denver, Colorado
Adams Communication & Engineering Technology (ACET), Incorporated is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) system engineering and information technology firm, headquartered in Maryland and Virginia. Incorporated in 1999, we support mission critical Information Technology (IT) business needs for clients within the intelligence community (IC), Department of Defense (DOD), Veteran Administration (VA) and for select commercial clients. ACET, Inc.’s technical, programmatic, and analytical professionals are experts in commercial technology, customized solutions, and proprietary government systems.
ACET is seeking a *Customer Service Technician *at our Denver, CO location.
- Technicians will* *work onsite at the Denver VAMC facility, interface with VA customers, and provide technical support services. Provide support services as required but not limited to, Laptops, PC’s, computer peripherals, networked or dedicated printers, monitors, scanners, keyboards, mice and occasional server related issues or concerns.
- Provide support for hardware moves / refresh / re-assignment efforts related to assembly and distribution, testing, configuration, debugging, operational sustainment, decommissioning, property and inventory tracking management services.
- Provide administration for issuance and sustainability of VistA, Windows and Exchange End-User group accounts, passwords, rights, and access (Active Directory) privileges to approved applications and related data environments.
- Provide Smartphone related mobile support (e.g. Blackberry, Palm personal assistants, and Mobile Broadband related product operations and support (such as Password reset, activation, and troubleshooting etc.) services.
- Provide technical support for PKI renewals, revocation and tracking, associated to end-user PKI installs that are related to hardware deployment efforts.
- Provide technical assistance and maintenance support for software installs, testing, configuration, malfunctions, debugging, patching, backups, updates, recovery, and end-user assistance for employing product related features to include, but are not limited to, MS Windows, broad spectrum of COTS and custom VA related applications.
- Move users between domains and/or OUs using VA approved tools.
- Perform local back-ups as required; i.e. back up the customer’s hard drive when performing operations that could result in the loss of data or back up the customer’s files when re-imaging a machine.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- Troubleshoot problems encountered using appropriate/designated software.
- Conduct fault isolation and resolution of network problems, whether cable, workstation, peripherals, or other hardware.
- Perform operator/user maintenance and minor repairs on hardware and peripherals.
- Install, configure, and re-image, and maintain desktop operating systems.
- Provide data transfers between classified and unclassified networks according to prescribed policy and procedures.
- Track, maintain, and distribute a stock of consumables and equipment cleaning supplies for IT equipment as identified by On-Site Manager or Lead (e.g. toners, ink, CD-Rs, DVDs, etc.)
- Dispose of used consumables and equipment cleaning supplies, e.g. empty or malfunctioning toner cartridges and chemical cleaners, according to environmentally safe policies, laws, and regulations.
- Ensure technical safeguards are maintained to provide controlled user access, integrity of electronic mail, applications and user data.
- Document procedures taken from research, assess, troubleshoot, test, and resolve support and assistance in designated ticket tracking system (ITSM Remedy or like products if applicable).
- Assist with monitoring all enterprise wide servers and services (if applicable).
- Assist with Windows Active Directory integrated DNS servers and multi-master zones.
- Assist with monitoring and maintenance of server designated monitoring tools.
- Assist with monitoring the disaster recovery process, procedures and policies.
- Assist senior level technicians with trouble shooting file server and SQL / Oracle server operations on designated shift as requested.
- Assist with analysis and diagnose related to system identified failures.
- Knowledge of performing and monitoring backup process to include daily review of backup logs and monthly test restores as part of routine maintenance and testing.
- Knowledge of performing technical assistance in analyzing the security weaknesses / vulnerabilities of new COTS application software solutions.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a government agency as a Help Desk or Customer Service Technician in an IT Call Center environment
- Tier 1, 2, or 3 technical level support experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust at the High Level.
- All candidates must be a US Citizen to apply.
ACET is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
# of Openings: 2