Bank of America Cyber Threat Hunter - Information Security Engineer in Denver, Colorado
Cyber Threat Hunter - Information Security Engineer
Denver, Colorado;Annandale, Virginia; Addison, Texas
This position is responsible for helping to design, build, and deliver major components of Bank of America s threat hunting strategy. You will work on a cross-functional team with deep knowledge of security processes and procedures, best practices, and red teaming to perform in-depth advanced log, system, and process analytics in order to pursue and prove or disprove hypotheses relating to malicious activity. Deep knowledge and experience with information security controls, infrastructure, and implementation techniques as well as familiarity with adversarial techniques, red teaming, and application and infrastructure assessment are key components for this role. You will demonstrate extraordinary organizational and cross-functional communication skills to drive analytics and investigations in to threats throughout the Enterprise.
In this role, you will work with all operational and technical teams within Global Information Security (GIS) in order to gain insight into critical controls and architectural specifics in order to develop analytics that identify malicious behavior accurately while maintaining a low false positive rate. This role advises on and reviews product assessments, policy adjustments, and architectural transformations that impact the global Corporation, and will be a thought leader in the design of cutting-edge detective, preventative, and proactive controls. Direct coordination with Data Scientists to build, improve, and evolve analytical models as part of the evolution of protective strategies is a core component. The use of industry-accepted and reviewed frameworks to enable BAC to stay abreast of and participate in evolving security frameworks and concepts is a must.
• Deep experience with analytics as a focus area within Information Security
• Extensive knowledge of all domains within Information Security
• Familiarity with offensive strategies and assessment methodology
• Experience explaining analytics in plain English and ability with communicating associated risk
• Ability to see the larger picture when dealing with competing requirements and needs from across the teams in the organization in order to build consensus and drive results
• Ability to navigate and work effectively across a complex, geographically dispersed organization
• Experience with more than one EDR, SIEM, and manual log analysis techniques Mission-oriented with an emphasis on making the team successful
• Demonstrated ability to self-direct, with minimal supervision to achieve assigned goals
• Understanding of basic Data Science concepts and processes
• Deep experience working with industry-wide frameworks and standards like MITRE ATT&CK, STIX, TAXII, and SCAP
Enterprise Role Overview
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role
Manages People: No
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
To view the "EEO is the Law" Supplement, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf .
Bank of America aims to create a workplace free from the dangers and resulting consequences of illegal and illicit drug use and alcohol abuse. Our Drug-Free Workplace and Alcohol Policy (“Policy”) establishes requirements to prevent the presence or use of illegal or illicit drugs or unauthorized alcohol on Bank of America premises and to provide a safe work environment.
To view Bank of America’s Drug-free workplace and alcohol policy, CLICK HERE .