Vertiv Infrastructure Management Technician I in Denver, Colorado
Do you have a background with monitoring systems and IT infrastructure and like hands-on troubleshooting with clients? If so, Vertiv wants to speak with you about career opportunities.
Vertiv is hiring an Infrastructure Management Engineer for the Northwest territory in Seattle or Portland. This person will configure monitoring systems to support our growing critical infrastructure and data center clients. They will perform installation, preventive maintenance, scheduling service for monitoring systems that support ourpower and coolingequipment.
We’re looking for service technicians and infrastructure technical support who have system monitoring expertise preferably with data centers. Seeking someone who always puts the customer first and is self-driven. Bachelor’s degree in networking or 4 years of military experience with IT infrastructure and/or electrical is a plus. The Infrastructure Management Engineer**is required to establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, co-workers and sales representatives.
Primary responsibilties include:
· Optimizing Performance
· Configuration Management (Planning and Managing Processes)
· Asset Management (Managing Physical Assets)
· Real-time Monitoring
Real Time Monitoring products include SiteScan, Alber Battery Monitors, Nform, Communication Cards, Rack Monitoring Solutions and Remote Monitoring offerings. The IMT is required to establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, co-workers, sales representatives and others as appropriate.
· Render technical on-site and phone assistance to customers.
· Perform general and preventive maintenance on monitoring systems.
· Respond to emergency calls at customers request.
· Strive to provide all customers a 'first time fix' for their equipment.
· Provide accurate and timely communication to internal and external customers.
· Keep current on safety field change notices and service tips.
· Provide accurate and timely reporting of time cards, expense reports, etc.
· Keep current on safety bulletins, safety field change notices, field change notices and
· Abide by CoHE (Control of Hazardous Energy) standards.
· Adhere to work hours policy guidelines – “14 hours rule”.
· Must wear appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) as per company guidelines and accordance with job duties.
· Report all work related accidents or injuries within 24 hours to the appropriate personnel.
· Bachelors degree in electronics, networking and/or information technology or military training preferred.
· 4 years of hands on networking and infrastructure experience.
· Familiarity with real-time monitoring systems test equipment and fundamentals.
· Ability to read and interpret electrical line diagrams and blueprints.
· Ability to evaluate the operating conditions of equipment.
· Standard computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Clear, concise, written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of internal and external customers.
· Self-motivated and ability manage own schedule.
· Time cards, expense reports, mileage reports, ticket closure, forms and more.
Travel is required.
Variable schedules (weekends, evenings, and holidays).
Valid driver’s license.
While performing duties of the above jobs, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or other components; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The associate frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to regularly lift at least 75 pounds.
Title: Infrastructure Management Technician I
Requisition ID: 2000001301
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Houston, United States-Texas-Austin, United States-Texas-Dallas