Victory Packaging Safety Manager - Denver, CO in Denver, Colorado
C ome grow with a company committed to supporting their employees, customers, and communities . Be a part of global supply chain helping customers meet their paper packaging needs in response to the current pandemic .
What we offer
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
o This position pays between $62,000 - $77,000/year depending on experience
o Bonus Eligible: Yes, up to 7% annual earnings
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
· We offer a variety of benefits and group health insurance options, the premium costs of which are currently shared by employees and WestRock (health, HSA, dental, vision) , flexible spending account, life insurance, employee assistance program, matching 401K
o Vacation time, paid sick leave, short term-disability
As a Safety Manager you will be responsible for all activities related to occupational safety and health in the Denver, CO facility and you will ensure compliance with federal, state, and local requirements and laws to prevent hazards and injuries. As a Safety Manager you will manage and develop safety programs to educate supervisors and managers and to prevent hazards, risks, and injuries.
How you will impact WestRock
• Develop and maintain safety education training program within the plant environment
· Maintain and update existing safety procedures, standard operating procedures, and policies
· Partner with manufacturing managers to review and improve safety practices and ensure adoption by employees
· Ensure compliance with safety policies, regulations, and reporting in manufacturing
· Perform hazardous risk assessments for tasks or jobs to identify potential hazards and develop risk prevention plans to mitigate them
· Review and analyze accident/injury reports and data for accuracy and detail, ensuring corrective actions are taken
· Partner with worker’s compensation and general liability insurance representatives to ensure compliance with policy requirements
· Assist in administration of safety incentive program, including assessing participation, monitoring engagement, reviewing all data, and ensuring incentives are paid
· Manage compliance for environmental regulations (e.g. air permits, water runoff)
· Model and promote an organizational culture that fosters safe practices through effective leadership and training
What you need to exceed
· High School diploma or G.E.D. required. 4 year Bachelor Degree preferred
· Must have 1+ years of safety role in a safety program
· Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage and inspire others to comply with safety policies and standards
· Thorough knowledge of safety standards and methodologies
· Proven track record of critical thinking and problem-solving
· Inspire others to develop themselves and seek out continuous learning opportunities by serving as a role model and seeking out personal developmental opportunities
· Demonstrate thorough knowledge of safety regulations, including OSHA, ANSI, and NFPA
· Government or professional training and compliance courses (e.g. OSHA 30-hour training) are preferred
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.