Expedia Senior Software Engineer in Denver, Colorado
Senior Software Engineer
Expedia's Property Management Solutions team is looking for hardworking software engineers to use their analytical and problem solving skills, hands-on programming experience to build and deploy front end components, services and APIs on the cloud. Our goal is to build a world-class partner platform with exceptional user experience for our partners to list and manage their vacation rentals online. This role spans front-ends web development on React, Node, Java service endpoints, No SQL datastore and event stream processing. Our teams are data driven, agile and focused on continuous delivery to quickly test and validate new features with our customers.
As a member of the team, you'll be a part of a global organization, and will be at the forefront of the Partner Experience building a product that is seen and used by property owners/managers that lists a property with Expedia Group.
As a highly competent lead engineer, you will design and manage a team of engineers on fast, scalable, highly available and reliable front end UI for the web and mobile, and Node and Java based micro-services that will process thousands of requests per second. Having access to real-time data and exposure to optimize with machine learning, you will understand customers’ needs before they do. Additionally, you will be developing features and APIs that will drive our business through real-time feedback loops in the cloud. Other responsibilities will include ownership of continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) while utilizing Agile methodologies. As part of our continuous learning culture, you will have the opportunity to participate in exciting global company hackathons and various career building courses with co-workers of all levels of expertise.
What you'll do:
- Scale our services to more than 60k requests per second
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable payment engines that will process billions of dollars per year
- Use real-time data to understand customers needs before they do
- Develop features that will drive our business through real-time feedback loops
- Develop a smart service layer that will allow for in-session personalization based off user behavior and data
- Scale our public API to allow other partners to use HomeAway services & experiences on third party sites
- Simplify core booking and listing workflow to enhance our partner’s experience
- Commit to dedicatedly rewriting, refactoring, and perfecting code
- Deploy to production daily using CI/CD and feature flags
- Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high performance code for a distributed SOA environment (our stack satisfies 10s of thousands of requests per second!)
- Develop quality scalable, tested and reliable applications using industry standard methodologies
- Work with QA, product management and operations in an agile environment
- Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools: Git, Splunk, and Jenkins
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
- Opportunities to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences
Who you are:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of professional, post college, software development experience with Java
- Experience in leading multiple engineers in a team, with ability to coach and mentor junior engineers
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work well multi-functionally across multiple departments
Benefits? We thought you’d never ask! Click here to explore more.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility encourages us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time