Intermountain Electric Inc. Service Manager - Commercial Electrical in Denver, Colorado
IME, a 74-year-old company with one of the most established Service Departments in the State-of-Colorado. Our Service team has been one of our most successful departments, year-over-year since 1946. Our team uses state-of-the-art technology and innovation to make a difference to our clients. Relationships have been a key driver in the department's success, we need a like-minded individual for this role. We have an established, long-standing group of clients and are continually expanding and adding new. This is a key role in the company, we're looking for an out-of-the-box thinker that will spend their career with our group. We currently have multiple Service Managers on the team, we're looking to add an additional position. 160 hours of PTO, heavily matched & fully-vested 401K, short-term & long-term disability, 100% fully-paid benefits, eight paid holidays and a floating holiday. Apply today if you're up for the challenge! *benefits listed are non-bargaining employee benefits
TheService Manager manages the daily operations of the Service Department in partnership with the Director of Service. Responsible for successfully supervising Service field and office staff. Directly impact the overall profitability of the department through proactive project planning, customer retention activity and employee management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with an existing customer base, identify and grow new customer relationships.
- Identify opportunities for increased productivity and efficiency.
- Communicate effectively with the clients and subcontractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Must be sufficiently adaptable to accept and perform in a timely and effective manner work assignments that are outside the normal (day-to-day) routine as well as to accepting changing company strategy as applicable.
- Work with the Service Field Operations Manager to assign field supervision to appropriate projects.
- Effectively project job costs and profitability.
- Estimate projects per plans and specs, on a conceptual basis, and coordinate larger opportunities with the estimating department.
- Identify and offer newer service offerings to all existing and new customers in partnership within the company’s departments.
Required Skill-sets & Education:
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize work; communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing; while establishing and maintaining effective and positive working relationships.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Projects, Word, Excel, and Bluebeam to develop professional documents; edit and proof written materials; prepare and maintain complete reports and records. Proficient in the use of standard office equipment.
- Willingness to travel out of state for training requirements.
- Proficient in the use of Accubid Electrical Estimating software.
- Experience with subcontract/prime contract language, requirements, and management.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Willingness to travel extensively to multiple project sites and client locations.
The majority of the time you will work in a typical office environment, the remainder of the time you will be on construction job sites. When on construction job sites you will encounter typical construction conditions including extreme temperatures, noise, dust, mud debris, welding, leading edge, trenching and shoring, sometimes in a confined space. You may be required to visit multiple locations during any one day.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Intermountain Electric, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IME complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
# of Openings: 1