CVS Health SQL Developer - Senior in Denver, Colorado
Are you interested in a flexible WORK FROM HOME schedule? An opportunity where you can balance priorities in and outside of work while helping people on their path to better health? If so, consider a role at CVS Health, a Fortune 5 company, as a Senior SQL Developer!
As a Senior SQL Developer, you will use internal CVS Health systems to design, develop, and produce professional applications, extracts and reports for several areas in Member Services. Additionally, the senior consultant could support multiple Member Services teams ensuring that proper changes are implemented and documented. This role allows you to also interface with other areas within the organization as new processes are written to support our Business Operation counterparts. As part of Member Services Reporting, you will be a key member in the success and operational structure.
The Senior SQL Developer will respond to user requests for new tables, procedures, views and reports and design, develop, implement and tune complex enterprise level reporting database systems. Supporting the development and maintenance of existing and new application requests and providing support for production systems, including rotational on-call support, when required. In this role, the Senior Consultant will design, code, test, debug, document, deploy, and support solutions that ultimately improve health outcome, quality of care, and patient safety. This includes the timely handling of all CMS/Compliance and SLA reporting requirements.
The success of this position is directly coupled to bringing SQL development best practices to build manageable, scalable, and high-performance SQL code. You will use your knowledge of writing SQL queries, stored procedures, functions and views for ad-hoc, and recurring standard reports or file builds. Additional responsibilities will include utilizing your understanding and exposure of multiple RDBMS, as well as complex SQL Report Development skills across a variety of Database platforms such as Oracle and Teradata for database design and physical data modeling.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision insurance as well as a wide-ranging list of supplemental benefits and discount programs. In addition to sixteen paid days off for employees, we also offer ten paid holidays.
3+ years of experience in the following;
• Writing SQL queries, stored procedures, functions and views for ad-hoc, and recurring standard reports or file builds
• Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Microsoft SQL Server database development experience, troubleshooting, tuning Microsoft SQL and proficiency with database query optimizations
• SQL Server 2014/2016 versions
• Database design and logical and physical data models.
• Development of web-based applications utilizing an asp.net platform. Software Development Life Cycle process and knowledge to insure the delivery of a Quality Reporting application with the appropriate documentations and on-going support.
• Prior experience with health plans, Medicare Part D, enrollment systems or coverage determination & appeals and/or government programs
• Prior experience with the development of web-based applications providing input/manipulation of data with SQL server backend.
• Experience with CVS Caremark internal systems such as RxClaim, PeopleSafe, Avaya, Enrollment, CAS, or MedHOK.
• Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Access, Visio, and Excel.
• Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems or related degree
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.