Vertical Limit Construction Tower Tech II - Colorado Region in Denver, Colorado
Join an elite group that works to connect the world and become one of the 1% Vertical Limit is looking for. Bring your experience and your drive to do something exceptional!Become a part of our team of experts. Vertical Limit is looking for Tower Technicians in the Midwest, Great Lakes, Texas and Mountain Regions.
As a Tower Technician you will be working in a team environment assisting with structural projects, which may include: new builds, site mods, grain elevators, or on a roof top. Daily activities may include on-site installation, repair, and modification. You are on the front line, playing a role in Vertical Limit’s strategic direction, development, and future growth. You will be gain knowledge in effectively utilizing tools, technology, and other resources to install mounts, antennas, grounding, cad welding, associative RF components, and/or inspecting structures in which you will be expected to follow all safety precautions set forth by Federal, State, & Vertical Limit’s regulations at all elevations. Position is supervised by Foreman and/or Field Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to work at heights 500+’; maintain ability to weather proof and ground all tower types
- Participate in and assist in carrying out installation, repair, modification, optimization, or acceptance test procedures of wireless infrastructures and electrical equipment
- Gain knowledge of installation of wireless infrastructure including but not limited to antennas, feed lines, fiber, shelters, self-support towers, guy towers, and monopoles
- Assist in installation of all connectors used on projects
- Gain knowledge of proper troubleshooting and repairing techniques
- Assist in completing all site photos (down tilts, side tilts, & azmyths)
- Work with Top Hand and Crew Lead gaining additional knowledge of cell sites to include RF, lighting systems, fiber, and power.
- Complete assigned tasks within project scope accurately and efficiently
- Strict attention to detail and organization; enabling timely task completion focusing on the quality of workmanship
- Pick up/delivery of supplies, tools, equipment, components, etc.
- Maintain clean, orderly environment adhering to company policies and industry regulation/standard(s) (OSHA)
- Climb to elevated heights working safely and effectively
- Observe project sites for defects and safety hazards that may require attention
- Attend vendor and in-house training and participate in certification programs as necessary
- Demonstrate previous industry knowledge, in applicable situations, as needed
- Ability to take direction and learn from experience
- Must have complete knowledge of basic hand tools and thorough experience with power tools
- Effectively interface with all levels of management, staff, and customers
- Previous experience working at heights safely and effectively
- Pass the following tests prior to employment: drug test, background check, and physical examination evaluation process during training
- Continuously stay CPR/First Aid AED, OSHA 10, RF Radiation Safety & Awareness, & Competent Climber certified
- Ability to travel up to 4 weeks at a time, followed by 1 week off; 100% of the time
- Be available for evening, weekends, and rotational assignments; accepting on-call responsibilities
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Microsoft Office product knowledge (i.e. Outlook, Word, Access)
- Ability to effectively utilize the internet
- Ability to distinguish and identify colors/color schemes
- Energetic and mentally prepared
- Ability to meet physical demands of duties
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to bend, lift, twist, squat, kneel, sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to work outside and withstand varied inclement weather conditions [-20° to 120° Wind Chill Factor]
- Ability to reach, climb, and/or grasp ladders or other tall structures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Location: Denver, CO