CableCom LLC Laborer - Underground Utilities in Englewood, Colorado
Englewood, CO, USA
CableCom is a leading provider of engineering, construction, and testing services for coaxial and fiber optic cable systems. With headquarters in Bothell, Washington, just outside of Seattle, we have over 20 locations throughout the Western Region of the US. Every day we work to improve the way information is shared and communicated through the execution of innovative technology projects.
At CableCom you’ll be joining a family where we are committed to supporting each other and building a collaborative team environment. As part of our team, your opportunities are endless. Join us, where you can be a part of a team dedicated to providing world class customer service.
CableCom is looking for Underground Laborers to join our team in Englewood, Colorado. Laborer duties will include general labor duties related to telecommunications construction as directed by the Foreman/Supervisor. Candidate must be capable of working in all temperatures, climates, and weather conditions and be able to pass a background check and drug screen. We offer competitive pay and an extensive benefits package.
- All phases of underground construction include but are not limited to: Loading, driving, delivery, digging, removal and placement of various types, sizes and weight of construction materials and equipment
- Hand dig using shovel, mechanical tools
- Install and maintenance of underground telecommunications cabling
- Climb into and out of equipment (trucks, cars, backhoes, trenchers, etc.)
- Operate or work around heavy equipment and machinery
- Working in congested or remote areas
- Maintain visual and audible contact with other crewman and all moving or stationary persons/vehicles/objects to ensure safe coordination of movement
- Perform general construction work under direction of Foreman/Supervisor
- Flagging, property or worksite restoration
- Maintain safe working habits/conditions according to all regulations, procedures and policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Basic knowledge of and ability to operate various types of utility trucks and equipment in a safe manner
- Basic knowledge of and ability to hand tools and equipment in a safe manner
- Possession of a valid driver's license required
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, etc.
- Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this position
*Preferred Qualifications: *
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- 6 months of experience in the utility construction industry
- Ability to read prints and interpret utility maps to identify the type and size of underground utilities
- Must be able to perform the above for at least 8 hours per day 5 days per week. May be required to work over-time; after hours; on weekends, for emergencies or on-call
- Duties outlined in this position will require the employee to stand, crouch, sit, bend, use hands and fingers to handle or feel as well as reaching with hands and arms to spaces both high and low. The employee will be standing, walking, climbing, balancing, crawling, crouching, lifting, holding or stooping while on shift
- Ability to work while wearing safety boots, safety glasses and hardhat
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions which can include but is not limited to: extreme heat and cold temperatures; inclement weather such as wind, rain, snow, sleet and dust as well as adverse driving conditions including wet roads, icy roads, and fog
- Employees in this job classification may be exposed to dust, fumes or other airborne pathogens
- Must be able to lift/carry50 lbs regularly and up to 100 LBS as neededwith or without assistance
- Competitive Pay.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with company matching.
- Stock Purchase Plan.
- Short & Long Term Disability.
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation (PTO).
Applicants are required to pass all company drug testing, submit to a background check and adhere to all OSHA, state, city/municipality safety requirements and training provided by the company as required.
If you are interested in learning more about our organization, please visit our website www.cablecomllc.us
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
Posted: September 16, 2020