Kiewit Corporation Sponsor - Industrial Mining in Englewood, Colorado
Requisition ID: 112540
Job Level: Director
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
The Sponsor - Industrial Mining will work with various Project Management team members from different projects to manage the enineering, procurement, construction and startup of complex mining projects and have direct owener relations responsibility for the mining market projects. The Sponsor will also provide oversight on assigned estimating projects and carry the overall ownership of the estimate once the job is won and moves to production as well as play a key leadership role as the representative for Kiewit/TIC. You'll help us proactively migitgate risks and help insure the job is executed safely and effectively.s an Operations Sponsor, you wil work with various Project Management team members from different projects to manage the overall performance for commercial construction projects and have direct client relations responsibility. You will also provide oversight of the estimation and complete project management of multiple project teams.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
TIC is a Kiewit Subsidiary that provides direct-hire construction services for industrial projects. TIC Denver has project in Industrial Manufacturing, Power, Oil Gas Chemical, and Mining across the United States. Its projects range from small capital work up to major EPC projects. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry in an "open-shop" environment.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
OR This position is based out of...[location], and typically involves X% travel.
• Leads all aspects of Kiewit’s safety culture and a commitment to Nobody Gets Hurt.
• Assists and supports Executive leadership with strategy development and business initiatives within the organization.
• Provides oversight and senior management for multiple construction teams through the preconstruction and construction process.
• Provide Strategic plans for new business opportunities and fosters new client relationships.
• Serves as the primary client relationship manager, who builds long-term relationships with new and existing clients to generate new business opportunities.
• Oversight and Collaboration during the Preconstruction, Estimating, and proposal development process for new and existing business opportunities.
• Leads subcontractor negotiations, solutions and development
• Involvement in the community and industry as an influential leader through participation in organizations and memberships.
• Senior Management responsibility for the project performance: financial, schedule, client relations.
• Ensures that staffing resources are sufficient on projects and assists in employee development, recruiting, retention,
• 15+ years’ experience in the mining construction market
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering; Construction Management; Business, OR similar type experience in a related position that provides knowledge and experience required for this position
• Prior experience serving as Project Manager, Design Manager, Director of Estimating, or Project Director of construction teams, where responsibilities include construction, engineering, estimating, contracts management, and client relations
• Knowledge of mining facilities and infrastructure construction standards including scheduling, contracts, coordinating and managing all disciplines and subcontractors
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
• Staff Management
• Project Management
• Business Process Management
• Business Administration
• Public Speaking and Presentations
Base Compensation: $139,401 - $232,001
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.