Army Installation Management Command Laborer NA-04 in Fort Carson, Colorado
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is local commuting area. (Military Spouse Preference and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This announcement will have weekly cut offs starting Aug. 1, 2018. After this cut off, qualified applicants will be forwarded as needed.
This position is located at the Elkhorn Catering & Conference Center.
Learn more about this agency
- Sets up banquet areas, private parties and outside facilities for formal dinner shows, luaus, meetings, conferences, weddings, etc. involving the physical assembly movement and arrangement of furniture and equipment.
- Sets up stages, dance floors, pianos, runways; assembling required items, and arranging the areas.
- Restores rooms or areas; removes, transports and stores property and equipment.
- Operates a complex electric ground cart for movement of food, supplies and equipment.
- Routine work is completed independently.
- #### Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Requires frequent lifting and moving of equipment weighing over 50 pounds.
- Appointment subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15j.
- This positions also requires a physical. Failure to satisfactory complete the physical and background checks may result in separation.
- Demonstrated work experience that included the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the duties of this position as indicated above such as use hand tools to assemble items, operate an electric ground cart in order to transport food, supplies, and/or equipment, etc."
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- Military Spouse PCS Orders, Marriage Certificate if not named on PCS Orders, DA 3434, ISMP ID Card, Certificates, Diploma
- DD 1300
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. MST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
EI-NAF-W0VNAA- US ARMY GARRISON FT CARSON HQ DO NOT MAIL Fort Carson, CO 80911 US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506425900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 07/27/2018 to 08/27/2018
Pay scale & grade: NA 4
Salary: $11.73 to $13.69 per hour
Appointment type: Intermittent
Work schedule: Intermittent