Colorado State University Developer in Fort Collins, Colorado
Working Title Developer
Position Location Fort Collins, CO
Research Professional Position No
Posting Number 202000760AP
Position Type Admin Professional/ Research Professional
Classification Title Prof/Indiv Contrib I
Number of Vacancies 1
Work Hours/Week 40
Proposed Annual Salary Range 65,000 - 70,000
Desired Start Date 01/05/2021
Position End Date (if temporary)
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 10/20/2020
Description of Work Unit
The Division of Information Technology consists of three departments [Academic Computing and Networking Services (ACNS), Telecommunications and Information Systems] that reside at the cutting edge of enterprise information technology in higher education. In support of Colorado State University’s mission as a land-grant university and commitment to excellence in teaching, learning, research and service, the Division of IT is responsible for delivering central IT services to academic and administrative units as well as university administrative clients. Areas of responsibility include central applications and systems, user support, networking, telecommunications, security, information systems and academic technology.
In collaboration with teams across the division and the greater university, the ACNS Middleware team provides proactive, strategic, and operational leadership in the development and integration of systems and services within the university’s information technology environment such as identity/access management, learning management systems, and single sign-on. Reporting to the Vice President of Information Technology/CIO, our dedicated 120-person team collaborates with campus partners, students, faculty and staff to deliver dynamic and innovative solutions to meet the diverse needs of our academic environment. Our work supports CSU’s Principles of Community by helping others discover and meet their potential while aiming to set the standard for IT in the State of Colorado.
Working for the Division of Information Technology allows you to be a part of an evolving culture making an impact on nearly 32,000 undergraduate, graduate and professional students. Located an hour north of the Denver metro area, Fort Collins is a vibrant community of approximately 165,000 residents. Fort Collins offers a high quality of life with ready access to numerous cultural, recreational and outdoor opportunities making it a great place to live and work.
This entry to intermediate level developer position works collaboratively with the ACNS Middleware Team and IT professionals across campus to maintain, administer and develop critical services used by students, faculty and staff. Duties also include the maintenance, support, creation and scheduling of integration processes between local systems and cloud-based services, such as the university’s learning management systems and identity and access management systems. This position also provides advanced second tier support for Middleware systems and services that have been escalated rom the CSU IT Technical Support Help Desk.
Required Job Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field OR Bachelor’s degree in any field plus minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience • Demonstrated experience in the design and development of applications using object-oriented programming, design patterns, and principles • Must be legally authorized to work in the United States by the proposed start date. ACNS & Telecom will not sponsor a visa for this position.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience • Experience processing data streams in formats such as XML, JSON, and CSV • Experience with databases, LDAP, message broker systems and/or LAMP- and Windows-based development environments • Familiarity with identity management technologies such as single sign-on, federation, resource provisioning and role-based access control
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Application Administration
• Deployment, and administration of applications in support of campus identity and access management (IAM) systems including: o Federated authentication o LDAP o Groups management o Entity registries o Message brokers o Provisioning technologies • Monitoring and maintenance of scheduling software used for Middleware processes • Participate in evaluating, testing, troubleshooting, patching, upgrading and maintaining any new required versions of applications • Evaluates, recommends and implements configuration or other changes to improve processes or meet organizational and user needs • Ensures applications meet security and organizational policies • Document technical processes, procedures and code, and contribute to end user documentation and training as needed
Percentage Of Time 45
Job Duty Category Application Development
• Application development for complex custom built, open source and/or vended applications and projects consisting of multi-phased development efforts • Develop and maintain interfaces, integrations and secure data transfer processes for third-party systems and campus processes to meet business needs of students, faculty and staff • Responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting, patching, security compliance and refactoring of code as needed for existing applications • Document technical processes, procedures and code, and contribute to end user documentation and training as needed
Percentage Of Time 30
Job Duty Category Application Support
• Provide second tier and advanced support for Middleware applications, processes and integrations • As needed, provide on-call support for critical system outages or after-hours deployments • Provide technical consultation and recommendations to solve complex business problems and issues • Works with team members to determine satisfactory approaches in areas such as application architecture, technology and coding standards
Percentage Of Time 20
Job Duty Category Professional Development and Other Duties
• Engage in professional development that incorporates developmental goals, career paths, and competency areas • Attend conferences, seminars, and/or workshops to ensure continued development of professional skills • Participate on campus committees, councils, and/or user groups to increase campus-level knowledge and awareness • Participate in local, state and/or national activities of relevant professional associations • Demonstrate a commitment to inclusion, integrity, respect, service, and social justice in alignment with the CSU Principles of Community
Percentage Of Time 5
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, please apply by October 20, 2020 with a cover letter addressing the required and preferred qualifications, a resume or CV, and contact information for 3 professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), On-call Status, Travel
Search Contact Kristen Seidel; firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Acting Title IX Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity, and Title IX, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO. 80523, (970) 491-1715.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity, and Title IX, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Minimum Requested 3
Maximum Requested 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).