Schneider Electric Software Engineer, Design Engineer in Fort Collins, Colorado
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric Smart Grid Services – Geospatial team has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to assume the role of Software Developer in one of our offices. This role is responsible for providing customer support for specific product and solution groups. A software developer assists in the development of new features and enhancement of existing software.
- Work as a member of our project consulting team
- This position is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of custom software used by Schneider Electric Utility Group clients.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with object-oriented programming, .NET development, good problem-solving skills, and be comfortable interacting with clients.
- The developer must be able to partner with a team of software developers on large projects or work independently to build smaller, single focused enterprise solutions.
- This individual will play a key role in the development of new tools and the enhancement of Schneider Electric’s existing software products.
- A basic understanding of software development methodologies is preferred.
- We are looking for candidates that are self-motivated, flexible and anxious to become proficient in emerging technologies as these become important to our business.
- The ideal person will be able to develop applications independently or as part of a solutions team and have excellent problem solving skills.
- Travel domestically and internationally, 25% or less is typical with short periods of up to 35% for specific projects.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline such as Math, Physics or Geoscience. Relevant job experience will also be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 1-5 years’ experience developing end-user applications and interfaces in a .NET development environment. C# coding experience preferred.
- 1-5 years’ experience developing end-user applications and interfaces with an object oriented programming language.
- 1-5 years’ experience with commercial RDBMS such as Oracle and SQL Server required.
- Experience developing solutions that include any of the following technologies: ASP.NET, HTML, HTML5, C#, VB.NET, ESRI, ArcObjects.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Primary Location: US-Colorado-Fort Collins
Unposting Date: Jun 30, 2019, 5:59:00 PM
Req ID: 005GKH