MillerCoors Packaging Line Manager in Golden, Colorado
Packaging Line Manager
Date: Feb 19, 2021
Golden, CO, US
Requisition ID: 14553
A Career in Beer:
Our purpose at Molson Coors Beverage Company is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are the world’s family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world.
We are TalentBrewers - we believe in our brands and our people, and we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, then we want to hear from you.
In the role of Line Lead working in Golden, CO, you will be part of the Packaging Department in Brewery Operations. You will independently lead and coach a 24-hour operation. Your direct reports will include a Process Leader who is a salaried manager responsible for data and contributing to line improvement, as well as hourly operational specialists. You will also work closely with a Maintenance Lead as part of your Line leadership team. You will apply robust people management practices, build capability of the team(s), and create space for effective coaching and communications. You will build and maintain plans and standards around safety and quality.
You will lead departmental operations towards the vision of a high-performance team culture and drive change management initiatives to continually improve both plant and process operations to meet World Class Operations Standards. You will contribute to the operations manager group on site developing short term tactics and contributing to the brewery strategy over a 5 year time horizon.
This position reports to the Unit Manager – Packaging and works closely with Brewery Operational Teams.
• Successfully lead a 24-hour high-speed packaging line in all aspects – safety, quality, cost, production, and morale.
• Successfully manage a diverse workforce of both salaried and hourly individuals, providing coaching, feedback, accountability, and direction
• Develop and lead execution of the Line 90-day plan to address losses and build capability
• Lead team to deliver departmental KPIs the right way by driving World Class Supply Chain principles such as centerlines, changeovers, defect handling and clean-inspect-lubrication systems
• Develop and maintain a staffing plan for your line to ensure all business needs are met while adhering to budget
• Coordinate change management across the line, creating a culture of engagement and flexibility
• Collaborate with peers and cross-functional groups on additional projects to drive the brewery’s 5-year plan
The Other Qualifications:
• Possess a proven track record of achievement in a high speed, high volume manufacturing environment
• Demonstrable evidence of driving Continuous Improvement/World Class Supply Initiatives to deliver on challenging objectives
• You love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of the business priorities. You act with appropriate urgency to various market events and trends that require a quick turnaround in plans and strategy
• You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships within the business
• You are a motivated leader that can inspire others; you respect your commitments and are able to obtain optimal results from your team through respect and development
• You have 3+ years of experience as a manufacturing/operations supervisor
• We prefer you to have a bachelor’s degree in Operations, Engineering, Science or Business
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
• As the world’s family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
• We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
• You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
• Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
• Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, and dental benefits
• Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Job Posting Grade: 11
Job Posting Salary Range: $81,000 - $116,500
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.