Fedex Ground Facility Maintenance Coord in Henderson, Colorado
Auto req ID: 257529BR
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Manages the selection and performance of vendors (e.g., quality, timeliness, cost-effectiveness, and reliability) in the maintenance and repair of material handling systems and related facilities components, at multiple manual sort stations in one or more Districts.
• Identifies vendors, negotiates and approves contracts for preventative maintenance and repair of material handling systems.
• Manages the timeliness and quality of the preventive, corrective and emergency maintenance program performed by vendors on the material handling system at assigned manual sort stations, provides instruction to vendors, as needed.
• Performs quality audits of vendors’ work based on criteria as defined in the contract and provides feedback to those vendors.
• Meets with each preventive maintenance vendor, at least quarterly, to conduct vendor performance reviews based on contract with vendor; may terminate contracts and replace vendors if performance does not meet standards defined in contract.
• Meets with each station senior manager (SRM), at least quarterly, to review all aspects of the maintenance program in their station.
• Maintains an information tracking tool to record continuously-updated maintenance activity, downtime, and key material handling equipment history for each assigned manual sort station.
• Monitors spending against the material handling and facilities maintenance budgets for each assigned station and takes action with the SRM to perform all maintenance work within budget.
• Manages the inventory of material handling spare parts for assigned manual stations.
• Identifies and proposes material handling system improvements to minimize operating and/or maintenance costs.
• Plans, assesses needs, develops scope of work, obtains bids and facilitates contract award for material handling or facilities maintenance improvement work.
• Monitors the performance of buildings and grounds maintenance vendors based on lease requirements and works with station SRM to ensure quality vendor performance.
• Support SRM in the development of an emergency recovery plan
• Support relocations, new constructions and building close out activities (up to the time that the building is vacated)
• High School Diploma or GED; Associates degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or maintenance engineering technology field preferred.
• Eight (8) years (6 years with preferred degree) of progressive light industrial maintenance experience and one (1) year demonstrated experience working with vendors and contracts.
Preferred Experience to include:
a) In-depth understanding of mechanical power transmission and/or electrical power or machines controls
b) Demonstrated ability to develop and implement Quality (QDM) – driven equipment and/or process improvements
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications. • Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management. • Ability to develop and lead a group of vendors engaged in the activities of preventative maintenance, machinery repair, and facility upkeep. • Understanding of mechanical and electrical design and repair practices as they apply to power transmission and conveyor belt applications. • Knowledge of motors and motor control methods. • Experience with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting techniques. • Knowledge of PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) and computer controls systems. • Ability to obtain thorough understanding of the SWAK (Barcode reader) control system. • Knowledge of applicable safety codes. • Ability to interpret electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams. • Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. • Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals. • Ability to work evenings and weekends required.
Other Job Description Information
This position will be located in the Denver, CO area.
% of Travel for the Position: 25%-50%
Address: 8951 Yosemite Street
Zip Code: 80640
Domicile Location: P802
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
Search Engine Description: Electronic Commerce
Supply Chain & Logistics
Warehouse & Distribution