JBS USA ROLLER OPERATOR in Kersey, Colorado
Location: KUNER FEEDLOT, Kersey, CO
Job Code: 663
of Openings: 1
JOB TITLE: Roll Operator
REPORTS TO: Feedmill Manager and Assistant Feedmill Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Ag exempt
Operates feedmill rolls to produce flaked grain for feed production. Performs the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
* Produces a consistent flake for feed ration by soaking, steaming, and rolling grain.
* Monitors flake quality by sampling moisture and density at regular intervals.
* Monitors mill equipment including: steam chest, belts, bearings, motors, boiler, grain bins, and mixer; reports necessary repairs to appropriate maintenance employee.
* Maintains flaking records by recording moistures and weights.
* Works in various capacities when another employee is absent or as necessary; assists in sweeping and cleaning mill work areas.
* Complies with applicable safety rules and policies.
- Experience operating heavy equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers; ability to compute rate, ration, and percent.
Expected to coordinate projects, conserve organizational resources, demonstrate understanding of Company policy, adapt to changes in the work environment, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, observe safety and security procedures, and report potentially unsafe conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and hot conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and is exposed to work in high, precarious places.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is required to wear hardhat; eye, ear and respiratory protection daily.