Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Systems Administrator I (665507) in Lafayette, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Systems Administrator I
We are seeking a Systems Administrator I with the focus of Microsoft Windows and VMware infrastructure experience. The systems administrator will be expected to team with peers, internal customers, and management to strengthen the consistency and standardization of IT infrastructure services to achieve operational excellence and program success. While this position is an individual contributor role, collaboration and strong technical knowledge and skills will be essential attributes.
What You'll Do
- Interface with internal customers, security, and management teams for: maintaining production systems, resolving issues with services and physical systems.
- Install, maintain, and support multiple Windows-based servers on physical and virtual platforms in support of program initiatives.
- Support engineering applications.
- Execute troubleshooting skills to address stability objectives both reactively and proactively.
- Maintain a secure computing environment, including adherence to backup schedules, patching, virus updates, and regular security scanning and remediation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 2 or more years related experience
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management/project coordination skills.
- Experience should include expertise in planning, configuring, maintaining, patching and monitoring in a Microsoft Windows server environment running Windows Server versions 2008R2/2016.
- Strong expertise with intel-based server class and workstation hardware.
- Strong expertise with VMware virtualization products (vSphere 5/6.x/ESXI, vCenter, vRealize Operations Manager).
- Strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Expertise with Microsoft Active Directory 2008 R2/2016, including domain administration, creating, testing, and implementing group policies, and maintaining user and computer objects.
- Expertise troubleshooting DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP and related connectivity issues.
- Experience with SCCM.
- Proficiency with Powershell scripting and execution.
- Experience with engineering applications such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, HFSS, National Instruments, I-DEAS
- Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with Linux servers, bash scripting and support.
- Understanding of FLEX-LM or Sentinel software license management tools.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows High Performance Computing (HPC) clusters.
- Experience with specialized network environments (air gapped, limited access)
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Systems Administrator I (665507)
Job ID: 665507
Location: CO – Lafayette
Full/Part Time: Full-Time