Lockheed Martin Agile Software Engineer Senior in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Space Protection Programs is seeking a skilled Software Engineer and Agile Leader who can guide a team through a complex mission application software development lifecycle. Candidate must have the ability to take ownership of software development activities and drive the application of agile methods that require a multifaceted execution approach, depending on the time-phased needs of the program. Responsible for frequent use and application of software engineering standards and techniques, including Object Oriented Design and Agile development techniques in addition to the training, coaching, and mentoring of agile teams and leaders. Will work in a highly collaborative environment with frequent and direct interaction with peers and occasional customer interactions.
Experience with C/C++, Python, WindRiver and Linux OS, and Object-Oriented design is preferred. Strong ability to perform on a small highly skilled team in a dynamic environment. The preferred candidate must work under general supervision, multi-task, adapt to change, and possess strong organizational and communication skills. Experience with algorithm/object-oriented development is also desirable. Occasional odd and/or extended hours may be required to meet program milestones.
In this role you will:
• Be a leading member of an Agile development team. Conduct Agile Release Planning, Sprint Planning, and guide agile development execution. Provide leadership in the guidance and mentorship of agile methods to a multi-disciplined team of software and systems engineers.
• Participate in embedded software development and/or software test activities.
• Act as a role model for the team. Lead by doing.
• Exercise considerable latitude in determining approaches to assignments.
• Evaluate sprint results and provide feedback to team members and project stakeholders.
• Learn new tools independently.
• Identify opportunities for improvement in current processes and implement new processes.
• Create schedules for software and test completion.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
• Minimum BS degree and 5 years of experience in software engineering or a related technical discipline.
• Previous C, C++, or Python experience supporting the development of flight vehicle GNC/FSW architectures.
• Knowledge of embedded systems architectures and test experience using embedded systems.
• Demonstrated experience using the Agile methodology in the development, integration and test of complex software systems and environments.
• Demonstrated experience with the management and control of schedule/scope/cost on a challenging program.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships across Agile Development Teams.
• Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly.
• Experience executing projects with agile processes and tools
• Programming background in C/C++ and Python.
• Control account manager (CAM) experience.
• Experience with leading process improvement initiatives.
• Experience with program lifecycle execution from concept phase through end-of-life phase.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic multi-disciplinary environment.
• Ability to recommend metrics that help agile teams and organizations measure and improve their effectiveness and increase their value delivery.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.