Lockheed Martin Computer System Analyst in Littleton, Colorado
Description: This exempt position within Lockheed Martin Enterprise Business Services supports the Space Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Programs. This will be an onsite support position that will be located at the Lockheed Martin facility in Centennial, CO. This position has multiple responsibilities to stretch across IT disciplines, however the primary focus of the position will be providing successful desktop, laptop, and engineering workstation support; desktop / engineering tools break/fix support, and supporting end user requests within the FBM environment.
Position is responsible for providing deskside IT end user support for desktop, laptop, and engineering systems, with responsibilities including:
• Classified and Unclassified Operations and Desktop PC, Engineering Workstation, and Laptop Support
• Support of printers and other peripherals
• Networking devices and other infrastructure components
• Stationary communications devices, such as desktop and conferencing phones
• Audio/visual systems, such as projectors and teleconferencing equipment
• Other electronic devices as required.
A current DoD security clearance, at a Secret or higher level, and a Security + Certification are both required for this position. They will not be required at the time of the start date, but will be a requirement to perform some tasks related to this position.
Centennial Lockheed Martin Site
7958 S. Chester St.
Centennial, CO 80112
This facility requires US citizenship.
• Ability to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance
• CompTIA Security+ certification within 6 months of hire
• Proven experience providing Windows Operating System Desktop Support
• Demonstrated ability to support desktops, laptops, printers, and other peripherals
• Demonstrated experience providing software applications support (Examples: antivirus and encryption software).
• Proven strong collaboration and teaming skills.
• Thorough follow-up and documentation; excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills
• Location requires US Citizenship
• Working knowledge of Audio Visual (A/V) setups, including conference rooms and huddle rooms. This also includes troubleshooting A/V related issues on projectors, Skype Video, and other AV related items.
• Experience supporting VTC meetings, including troubleshooting connection issues, sound issues, etc.
• Experience configuring and resetting telecom phone lines and troubleshooting basic phone issues.
• Troubleshooting printer issues, including verifying network connectivity.
• Experience with supporting tech refresh, imaging, and configuration management
• Experience in computer hardware support including troubleshooting issues and replacement of internal hardware.
• Familiarization with networking and associated equipment
• Active Directory and GPO management
• Apple product knowledge
• Familiarity with virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V)
• Knowledge of enterprises solutions (Examples: SCCM, Skype, VPN, etc.).
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin policies and procedures.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.