Lumen Sr Buyer - Littleton, CO or Monroe, LA in LITTLETON, Colorado
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Senior Buyer position is responsible for organizing and managing the procurement of all materials, equipment, supplies, services and retail inventory, including purchase order execution, life cycle management of purchase orders, post order management, and outline agreement management. The Senior Buyer may also be required to submit requests for quotes and manage supplier selection for low/medium risk commodities, using well established purchasing methods. The Senior Buyer is responsible for assisting in process improvements and leading assigned special projects.. Results oriented professional with high level knowledge of procurement process.
The Main Responsibilities
• Works with minimal supervision to demonstrate complete understanding and the ability to execute the end-to-end procurement process for assigned commodities or categories with the ability to manage complex or non-standard orders.
• Purchase Order life cycle management from purchase order creation through post order management/
• Track open orders and work with suppliers and business units to provide status..
• Supplier dispute resolution and invoice settlement for related purchase orders.
• Compliance with all Lumen corporate policies and SCM Methods and Procedures.
• Provide business unit, including SCM, customer support responding to customer inquiries and escalations; and making recommendations on courses of action to solve problems, including backorders, shortages, overages, substitutions, storage, priority items, inventories and freight.
• Engage with suppliers and/or internal business units to understand requirements and performance gaps
• Identify automation and process improvement opportunities, and assist in their implementation.
• Assist in leading cross-functional teams and in managing special projects as assigned.
• Value analysis of supplier quotes and execution of competitive bidding to obtain reduced costs.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/professional experience, in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Law, Finance, or other related fields.
• 5+ years of experience. 2-3 years experience with Master’s degree.
• Experience with Oracle.
• Three (3) years of experience in Supply Chain Management or related field.
• Optional: ISM Certified Professional in Supply Management Certification or APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
Requisition #: 236051
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.