Lockheed Martin Testbed & Simulation Senior Software Engineer in Lone Tree, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you looking to develop your career as a Software Engineer? Do you want to be part of a dynamic, fast-moving, high performance team that's creating a best-in-class team culture, all while quickly adapting to ever-changing customer requirements?
The Testbed & Simulation group is looking for a talented software engineer to join a high-performing team. We are seeking someone with a team-oriented attitude and work style that will collaborate effectively and drive improvements into the Tb&S SimCore group. We are also looking for someone who knows how to have fun at work and celebrate big wins. Previous Agile experience and expertise in GitLab are preferred. Previous C++ and Python experience are also preferred.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Expertise with C++ and/or Python programming languages (especially C++14/17) – Seeking emerging expert in these languages
- Familiarity/understanding of real-time application development
- Familiarity/understanding of multi-threaded application development
- Familiarity/understanding of gdb
- Self-starter personality
- Ability to work within a team
- Experience with Agile software development
- Interested in learning (e.g., C++20)
- Familiarity Python Binding
- Familiarity with GNU compilers
- Familiarity with Unit Test Frameworks (e.g., pyunit, Google test)
- Experience with Linux OS distributions (esp. Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
- Experience with containerized environments
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development/Behavior Driven Development
- Prefer MS in Computer Science field
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.