Builders FirstSource Machine Operator in Longmont, Colorado
Longmont CO Millwork - 4058 Camelot Cir (80504), 4058 Camelot Cir, Longmont, Colorado, United States of AmericaReq #19166
Thursday, March 25, 2021
SUMMARY: Operates specialized machines such as door router, stair router, welder, plate cutter, table saws, planer jointer and component cutter to perform such operations as routing, boring, rip sawing, cross cutting, beveling, grooving, and mitering of lumber or wood stock.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Selects and sets proper machine control settings/part(s) wherever appropriate, such as placing correct disk on saw, setting guides, etc., according to type of work order and specification of cut.
• Selects material to be machined (i.e., beams, headers, studs, fire blocking, plates, blocks, doors, lumber).
• Starts machine, places wood stock on table against proper guides, and pushes stock against saw or machine for cutting.
• Measures cut stock with ruler, caliper rule, or square to verify dimensions against specifications, or sets proper dimensions on automated machine settings.
• Starts machine and cuts, routes, bores, etc. the wood stock material or product (doors) according to the written or computer specifications on lengths or angles or dimensions.
• Writes correct label (numbers and/or letters) on cut stock/prepared product.
• Removes cut stock from machine and places on job carts. Deliver carts to proper location or team member for shipment or further work.
• Maintains production count by marking completed work on correct work order and delivering paperwork to team leader or manager.
• Prepare cut inventory for future use.
• Clean equipment, floors and work areas according to safety procedures.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES OR VEHICLES USED IN THIS POSITION
Air nail gun
Stair Router Machine
Saws: Miter, table, panel, double trim, hand, whirlwind, band
Door Routing Machine
Tools: hammer, nails, handsaw, square level, screwdriver, wrench, wood chisel, tape measure, router, speed square, belt sander
Flatbed, dump or tractor trailer
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus 1-year prior experience and/or training in related millwork, construction or lumber industries; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 6 months prior experience working on machines and good mechanical aptitude is required. Understanding of products and components used for mill production is essential. Must have attention to quality, quantity and safety.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
CDL A or B may be required. Forklift Certification may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift up 100 pounds of weight. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Environment may be very loud (examples: jack hammer work, etc.).
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com . Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
Min Hiring Rate$15.00
Max Hiring Rate$18.00
- Longmont CO Millwork - 4058 Camelot Cir (80504), 4058 Camelot Cir, Longmont, Colorado, United States of America